New Donkey Kong 64 Glitch (maybe)?

TheLoneWolfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A while ago I found a glitch accidentally while playing through DK64. The glitch has to do with clipping past the box that triggers falling in the Mad Jack boss, enabling you to walk on the ground under the pillars that the boss battle takes place on, and take a look at the platforms that take you back up to the level of the fight. I couldn't find the specific glitch anywhere on the internet, so I made a video on it (pardon the questionable iPhone-camera production value):

Reactions: Margen67

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this describe it?

.The Frantic Factory boss fight against Mad Jack is tricky to do with the male Kongs, since Tiny Kong (who normally fights against this boss) has the Pony Tail Twirl ability to reach distant platforms and evade more easily, though the game has a tendency to crash at any point of falling off the platforms using male Kongs against this boss where the screen will remain black while the background music continues playing and then the player must reset the entire game.

If so then it is not new

(Sorry couldn't watch the video due to WiFi data issues)

TheLoneWolfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, that sounds like something else. To elaborate, it's actually only possible to perform with Tiny Kong (I tried the others). This is because it uses her Z+B slide maneuver (not sure of the actual name for the move) while on one of the platforms that raise you up after you fall. This causes you to actually fall to the ground, where you can walk around and explore freely, instead of what usually happens when you fall: being placed on one of the four platforms surrounding the area and brought back up to the top.

Hopefully that explains it a little better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...