New Donkey Kong 64 Glitch (maybe)?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TheLoneWolfe, Apr 6, 2015.

1. TheLoneWolfe
    OP

TheLoneWolfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Canada
    A while ago I found a glitch accidentally while playing through DK64. The glitch has to do with clipping past the box that triggers falling in the Mad Jack boss, enabling you to walk on the ground under the pillars that the boss battle takes place on, and take a look at the platforms that take you back up to the level of the fight. I couldn't find the specific glitch anywhere on the internet, so I made a video on it (pardon the questionable iPhone-camera production value):

Margen67 likes this.
  2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Does this describe it?

If so then it is not new

(Sorry couldn't watch the video due to WiFi data issues)

3. TheLoneWolfe
    OP

TheLoneWolfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Canada
    Nope, that sounds like something else. To elaborate, it's actually only possible to perform with Tiny Kong (I tried the others). This is because it uses her Z+B slide maneuver (not sure of the actual name for the move) while on one of the platforms that raise you up after you fall. This causes you to actually fall to the ground, where you can walk around and explore freely, instead of what usually happens when you fall: being placed on one of the four platforms surrounding the area and brought back up to the top.

Hopefully that explains it a little better.