New COP AP to other games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CopZeRecruit, Nov 7, 2009.

Nov 7, 2009
  1. CopZeRecruit
    OP

Newcomer CopZeRecruit Member

Netherlands
    The COP anti-piracy check thing is pretty hard to avoid, and apparently even if you get the rom to work it'll start freezing later on in the game.

[​IMG]

What are the chances other games will get this aswell? AA: Investigations is coming out in februari and I want to play it on my flashcart.

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    now M&L 3 BIS was also hard to avoid, but we never see it implemented in atelier no annine nor KH

so the only thing is, if it had the same publisher, there's a good chance it had the same ap

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    And it's a Ubisoft game, and I doubt that any one of us would be playing a Ubisoft game in the future unless it's worth our time.

4. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    C.O.P is worth my time. its a great game.

5. Hero_Of_Fate

Member Hero_Of_Fate GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It might be that new AP that Nintendo said they wanted to implement in the holiday season. Not everyone is going to use it, but Ubisoft seems like one that would. It'll probably just take some effort to finally get past it.

6. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think the big three we'll continue to see problems with are Nintendo, Square Enix, and Ubisoft this holiday season.

Other companies, such as NIS or Atlus, seem to be thinking more in the sense of adding premiums to the packages such as Soundtracks or Posters will end up doing more than just AP.

Other than Rabbids Go Home, though, the only other Ubisoft game I would even consider trying would be the new TMNT, so it's no big loss there. Any Square/Nintendo release will be cracked as quickly as possible.

7. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's a GTA for little kids.

8. Donato_Dobango

United States
    Wasn't that the tagline on the Driver box?

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I thought the one news post we had a while back about the new anti-piracy measures said that MOST games would have this protection come December.

Maybe that means they'll start releasing games that are actually worth buying (and similarly worth cracking) in the first place instead of the 98% shovelware we get now. COP was just the first to actually use this protection to great effect.

Then again, since it only took a day or two to crack COP, maybe they'll give up and stop bothering with their useless protection as too expensive and unsuccessful to continue with. (yeah, right) Actually, at this point, I know EXACTLY how they could stop piracy altogether (at least at this point in time), but I don't want to spoil it for the rest of us by announcing it here and giving Ninty any bright ideas. I'm sure that what I suspect is already in the works anyway.....which will likely start sometime next year.

I've a feeling our "free ride" is quickly coming to an end, one way or another. Sucks, but you really can't fault Ninty for that. Business is business after all.

I can see it already, the fluffy-foo-foo games (Mario whatever, RPG's, various cutesy games, etc.) that most Ninty system fans seem to love will be cracked, but the games I LIKE will never be cracked because old-school people like me always get the shaft when it comes to AP and those kinds of games ever getting cracked.

My telepathetic powers are tingling and I KNOW that it's coming.

10. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    I still couldnt get it to crack fully though.

11. Donato_Dobango

United States
    Successor to the DS/DSi that doesn't have physical cartridges but digital downloads like the PSPGo?

12. C2B

Newcomer C2B Member

Switzerland
    Well, GTA is then for older kids? XD I played my first GTA when I was 8 years old and recently lost interest in them beuse the story is really lame and there are virtually none references to older gangster movies etc. anymore. I so wish they would bring back the respect feature in GTA 2 to do missions for all gangs btw. lose respect/win respect. It kinda gave you the feeling to create your own gangster wars and beeing the top "behind" man in the city.

I just hate to be restricted and have to work for some lameass I don't even like.