I'm a pretentious sack of shit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...
COD_Black_Ops_annihilation.png

Not too long after releasing The Escalation map pack, they decide to crank out another. This one will be called Annihilation and will be available on the 28th of June for the 360 first(of course). Making it very clear that they just want our money -_-

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops?path=blackops

excl.gif
EDIT: My brother says that in addition to Annihilation, they're gonna pump out yet another map pack before the release of MW3.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, if people buy this that is pathetic. They announced a new game a while ago. What's the point of getting a map pack if it is going to be worthless in November?

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Wow, if people buy this that is pathetic. They announced a new game a while ago. What's the point of getting a map pack if it is going to be worthless in November?

Thats cod fans for you they think its the only game out and play play play till 1 year later then they pop in another game! but wait.... its the next cod!....

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:
what's the point in buying FIFA 11 if it will be worthless next year?
Many people skip one years worth of FIFA; I won't be buying FIFA12 this year because I bought FIFA11 last year, etc, and that's how a lot of people buy them. But not with CoD.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:
Many people skip one years worth of FIFA; I won't be buying FIFA12 this year because I bought FIFA11 last year, etc, and that's how a lot of people buy them. But not with CoD.
that's bull, just as many people do that as they do skipping the Treyarch CoDs

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:

Main reason is that the whole mass does it. If all your friends buy FIFA 12 and play that game, you're all alone with FIFA 11.
Also another reason is the whole transfer market business. I for one will download FIFA 12 for sure, ASAP, because my favourite team has made a lot of transfers this season and in FIFA 12 they will be a lot stronger.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:

Main reason is that the whole mass does it. If all your friends buy FIFA 12 and play that game, you're all alone with FIFA 11.
Also another reason is the whole transfer market business. I for one will download FIFA 12 for sure, ASAP, because my favourite team has made a lot of transfers this season and in FIFA 12 they will be a lot stronger.
the whole mass buys CoD map packs, and you're left out because everyone wants to play nothing but the new maps

(i know this contradicts my first post, but for the social, active CoD players that have friends they play with all the time, they have to get the maps, just like for the active, social FIFA players)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Terminator02 said:
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:

the whole mass buys CoD map packs, and you're left out because everyone wants to play nothing but the new maps

(i know this contradicts my first post, but for the social, active CoD players that have friends they play with all the time, they have to get the maps, just like for the active, social FIFA players)

But in FIFA the updates (wintertransfers are an update, don't know any more) are free. But also less substantial than a map pack. I see no reason why to complain if people would buy this map pack. There are what, 4 new maps? Surely your friends won't play them forever and leave the original maps? You can just wait a few minutes or ask them to join your game.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:

But in FIFA the updates (wintertransfers are an update, don't know any more) are free. But also less substantial than a map pack. I see no reason why to complain if people would buy this map pack. There are what, 4 new maps? Surely your friends won't play them forever and leave the original maps? You can just wait a few minutes or ask them to join your game.
depends on your friends, some of them are just "so bored" of all the old maps and only want to play nuketown and the new ones, and everyone hates when you can't play the new ones because you're that one guy who doesn't have the map pack
and then there's the zombie maps, only 2 came with the original game and this is the 3rd DLC map, which is just ridiculous, and again, people are bored of the old maps and want to play the new ones

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Terminator02 said:
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
awssk8er said:

depends on your friends, some of them are just "so bored" of all the old maps and only want to play nuketown and the new ones, and everyone hates when you can't play the new ones because you're that one guy who doesn't have the map pack
and then there's the zombie maps, only 2 came with the original game and this is the 3rd DLC map, which is just ridiculous, and again, people are bored of the old maps and want to play the new ones

I don't know man, I'd rather have a solid fun map than some shitty new map. Like Carnival in MW2, it's from a DLC but it completely sucks. I much rather play a map from the original game that I've maybe already played 50 times than a crappy level.

I can decide by myself fine if I want to buy a mappack or not. I've been unable to play with my friends loads of times because I didn't buy the game or I didn't have the console. I just decide on my own if I want to buy that product just to be able to play with my friends.

Completely right about the Zombie maps, that's just clever/cruel marketing of Treyarch....

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pissed, only because it hasn't even been two months since Escalation came out. I just bought the first two.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Terminator02 said:
*quote long as my penis*

I don't know man, I'd rather have a solid fun map than some shitty new map. Like Carnival in MW2, it's from a DLC but it completely sucks. I much rather play a map from the original game that I've maybe already played 50 times than a crappy level.

I can decide by myself fine if I want to buy a mappack or not. I've been unable to play with my friends loads of times because I didn't buy the game or I didn't have the console. I just decide on my own if I want to buy that product just to be able to play with my friends.

Completely right about the Zombie maps, that's just clever/cruel marketing of Treyarch....
i know, and it wears off eventually but there are always a few legitimately good maps in the map packs
and that's pretty much what i'm saying, the whole map pack business model works because of peer pressure, if u want to play with all your friends, you're going to buy the map packs (or gameshare them
ninja.gif
)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And they're releasing another map pack about a month after this one!

that brings the total to four. Which means people who have bought this title on launch day and buy all these maps have an acumulated a total of $120 on this game alone.
p1ng.gif
p1ng.gif
p1ng.gif
p1ng.gif
ohnoes.png

and that''s not counting the people who bought hardened and prestige editions.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really think there should be a new rule or something, because all this hate for CoD when it's just talking about the Map Pack, it's nothing but spam. You can say the same thing about every little thing.

"Oh new Mario? They just came out with one."
"New Halo? They just came out with one"
"More God of War? sigh, MILKING"
"Ocarina of Time 3D? What was wrong with the first one?"

Seriously guys, it's getting old all the hate that the series is getting. We get it, you don't like the games or anything, don't post in the thread then. Because posting the exact same thing over and over and over in every Call of Duty thread, is nothing but spam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: