New at wii hacking looking for files.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JKD, Oct 17, 2013.

1. JKD
    OP

JKD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2013
    Hi guys,

I am new to wii hacking, I have been trying to use modmii but it keeps failing on Hackmii and Bootmii I understand the site to retrieve these files by the program is down. I have got hold of Hackmii installer 0.8 and placed that in the empty folder modmii created in the copy to sd card folder.
    I cant seem to find files for Bootmii anywhere could someone please give me a link to them and could someone explain to me where on the sd card I need to place them.

Sorry if linking to said files is not allowed on here.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

2. megatron_lives

megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    yeah, it looks as though hackmii.com is down, which is the server you need for the Letterbomb exploit. I'm concerned myself as I too am trying to hack my nephew's wii....

Does anyone know why the hackmii.com is down?

EDIT - I have just used Wiibrand to get the letterbomb exploit. I don't know if that helps OP?

3. JKD
    OP

JKD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2013
    I have the letterbomb from wiibrand thanks, I grab hackmii installer 0.8 put it on the SD card went to yesterday clicked the letterbomb all it does is restart the machine :(.

4. megatron_lives

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    I have just hacked the wii myself using wiibrand - this is what I did.

Go to http://gbatemp.net/threads/modify-any-wii-4-3-below.171901/ and download the mod.zip and/or update.zip if you need it. Then follow the instructions. Instead of using the letterbomb site, just use wiibrand. Make sure when you copy all the files from the mod.zip to your SD card, to delete the private folder BEFORE adding the private folder generated from wiibrand.

Let me know how you get on!

5. JKD
    OP

JKD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2013
    You sir are a legend thank you so much.

Homebrew channel and bootmii in just making a nand backup now.

6. megatron_lives

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    double post

7. megatron_lives

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    No worries. I do love modmii, but I always use the guide I showed you here at GBAtemp on virgin wiis, it's so simple and always works!

Enjoy your wii!