New and need some help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robb_0909, Aug 15, 2010.

1. robb_0909
    OP

robb_0909 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2010
    United States
    Hi,

My name is Robert and this is my first post on GBAtemp.net. I found this site because I am interested in getting some "homebrew" stuff but I don't know how to start or what kind of card I need (R4,cycloDS are 2 I have read a little about). I have a regular Nintendo DS. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction or give me a link to some info. I never knew this stuff was possible. I would like to maybe play some NES games and other newer games aswell.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    robb_0909

2. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Hello, welcome to GBAtemp.net!!
    It's good to meet you, I'm haflore. [​IMG]

The List! v1.3
    Last updated: Thursday, August 12, 2010

3. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Any card will do, even an R4.

4. xx_cutie_xx

xx_cutie_xx GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2010
    The Bay
    Hi there [​IMG]
    Well I have an Acekard 2i and it works pretty well.
    But it really depends on what kind of interface and/or how much you want to spend for the flashcart.
    I would have gotten a CycloDS but that's one of the more expensive flashcarts lol.

5. N4RU70 FR34K

N4RU70 FR34K Banned

Banned
    Mar 15, 2010
    United States
    Aktsuki Hideout
    If you had money get the SuperCard DS2 that thing is awesome and welcome to this wonderful place [​IMG]

6. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    If you are new the R4 is only $6 from ShopTemp but only supports MicroSD cards upto $6, I have a guide for it here. It has a simply interface and is easy to use, so is ideal for someone who isn't familar with flashcarts. You have the DSTWO which is ideal for emulators as it has an additional built in processor, but it's more expensive at $35. It supports MicroSDHC cards upto 32GB and has all the bells and whistles such as Real Time Save, Real Time Cheats and Real Time Guide along with a built in GBA emulator.

NES emulators:

http://filetrip.net/f4103-NesDS-MOD-121507.html

http://filetrip.net/f4916-nesterDS-v3-9.html

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Look over there!!!!! Those are the rules man! Follow them or face up against the Angry Bear Cavalry!