Hacking New 3ds Wont Boot? :/

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, my New3ds XL won't boot. I am using the same 3ds SD card files as my one I used Soundhax to install CFW.
I installed CFW on my n3ds XL on 11.2 (Don't know if that changes anything) but it just won't boot. Can someone help? Thanks

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You really need to provide a lot more information than "it won't boot"... Like, does the blue LED turn on at least? Does it turn on then off by itself 2-3 seconds later? What files do you have at the root of your SD card? Were you on a9lh or b9s? Does it boot without an SD card inserted? Did you just install CFW and it stopped working? Can you load into chainloader/GM9? etc.

Could just be simple things like missing the Luma files or even brick, just give some more info. The guide posted by Yepi69 is only gonna be useful IF it boots but with an error message, not if it doesn't boot at all.

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really need to provide a lot more information than "it won't boot"... Like, does the blue LED turn on at least? Does it turn on then off by itself 2-3 seconds later? What files do you have at the root of your SD card? Were you on a9lh or b9s? Does it boot without an SD card inserted? Did you just install CFW and it stopped working? Can you load into chainloader/GM9? etc.

Could just be simple things like missing the Luma files or even brick, just give some more info. The guide posted by Yepi69 is only gonna be useful IF it boots but with an error message, not if it doesn't boot at all.
Sorry.

The LED (blue) shows for 1-3 seconds until fading (like it can't boot Luma.) And I honestly don't know what one I installed. I remember needing to downgrade to 2.1 then I needed to load an exploit in the web browser to install it. (A9lh or b9s)

Files on SD:
https://i.imgur.com/wFghemH.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: After putting a9lh files on I am greeted to a SafeA9LHInstaller 2.6.7 screen. It's asking me to update A9LH or uninstall it. I don't have a NAND backup so I can't get past this page...

Another update: I could previously boot into CFW so something is installed so I might have b9s.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Try to boot into Luma settings (Select while booting) and tell me if it works. What version does it say? What exactly did you do the last time it worked? Also, does it boot without an SD card inserted? Finally, just to be sure, is there a popping sound coming from the system when it turns on and off after 2-3 seconds?

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try to boot into Luma settings (Select while booting) and tell me if it works. What version does it say? What exactly did you do the last time it worked? Also, does it boot without an SD card inserted? Finally, just to be sure, is there a popping sound coming from the system when it turns on and off after 2-3 seconds?

Booting into Luma: Nope, stays on the A9LH install screen no matter what.
Version: 3ds (I'd like to say 11.6) Safe A9LH Installer 2.6.7 (Not sure if same version I installed.)
What exactly did I do: Took out my SD card. Went to bathroom SD card gone when I got back.
No doesn't boot W/o sd
Clicking/Popping sound: Nope

Oh, yes it was A9LH since I remember needing to do the button combo to install it.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Booting into Luma: Nope, stays on the A9LH install screen no matter what.
Version: 3ds (I'd like to say 11.6) Safe A9LH Installer 2.6.7 (Not sure if same version I installed.)
What exactly did I do: Took out my SD card. Went to bathroom SD card gone when I got back.
No doesn't boot W/o sd
Clicking/Popping sound: Nope

Oh, yes it was A9LH since I remember needing to do the button combo to install it.
I said Luma SETTINGS, the menu that appears if you press and hold Select while booting the system. I need the version of Luma itself, NOT the system's, the system's is pretty much irrelevant unless you are getting an error during boot. I meant as in what you did ON the 3DS... And it's definitely a9lh as there are no signs of even trying to install b9s on your SD card...

PS: If you can at least boot into GodMode9 (Start while booting), then you can just restore your NAND backup (if it's from before you got CFW) and try installing CFW all over, going straight to b9s.

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said Luma SETTINGS, the menu that appears if you press and hold Select while booting the system. I need the version of Luma itself, NOT the system's, the system's is pretty much irrelevant unless you are getting an error during boot. I meant as in what you did ON the 3DS... And it's definitely a9lh as there are no signs of even trying to install b9s on your SD card...

PS: If you can at least boot into GodMode9 (Start while booting), then you can just restore your NAND backup (if it's from before you got CFW) and try installing CFW all over, going straight to b9s.
As I said, the menu doesn't appear. Neither of them do. This happens when I am missing SD card files but I don't know what files I am missing. I am using Luma 9.1

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As I said, the menu doesn't appear. Neither of them do. This happens when I am missing SD card files but I don't know what files I am missing. I am using Luma 9.1
If you are on a9lh, you CAN'T use any Luma version above 7.0.5, so go download that one and put it on the SD card, then delete the SafeA9LHInstaller.dat from your SD card.

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are on a9lh, you CAN'T use any Luma version above 7.0.5, so go download that one and put it on the SD card, then delete the SafeA9LHInstaller.dat from your SD card.
Thank you so much. It's working. What should I do about updating luma?

Since I wanna install 11.8 (it's on 11.6 rn)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1