Misc new 3DS refuses to update

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have it in my router's DMZ to bypass the firewall problem, the wifi is enabled and on WEP (also tried with no security), I tried various DNS numbers, power cycled the router, restarted the 3DS and it still wont update...

WTF

Comcast
Netgear cg814wg v2

what is the problem here...?

LouAllet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm also experiencing the same problem.. i tried almost anything power cycling the router (full reset), manually assigning IP and dns numbers, disabling the firewall of my router, etc. but still no luck.. but i can download swapnotes just fine and browse websites thru the browser.. i don't know what's wrong and why my 3ds can't update..

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or simply go outside and look for an open Wifi hotspot, or if you own a smartphone or know someone that does download an app called myhotspot or something similar for free and problem solved.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Or simply go outside and look for an open Wifi hotspot, or if you own a smartphone or know someone that does download an app called myhotspot or something similar for free and problem solved.

Just got home from trying exactly this, I tried 3 different spots and probably 10 different SSIDs that popped up, all within range (full bars) it wouldn't even connect. (Error: 003-3102) This is bullshit...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Is your 3DS online? Can you access any sites through the 3DS browser?
I dont even have the browser yet. 'Coming in a future update.' But yes I am online, I added a friend's FC already and it says they were online, also all connection tests passed.
what's the error message you get? does it really refuse to update (like saying "you can't update now or ever"), or does it start to update but stops along the way?

because if your 3DS is online but you can't update, sounds like your internet connection is too slow or unstable (drops intermittently). no 3DS will refuse an update, it will just tell you that you're updated and stop at that.

EDIT: the best suggestion i can make is to access a better hotspot, preferrably one with faster internet. you'll be surprised how simple it is to update if you give your 3DS a "proper" access point.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I dont even have the browser yet. 'Coming in a future update.' But yes I am online, I added a friend's FC already and it says they were online, also all connection tests passed.
what's the error message you get? does it really refuse to update (like saying "you can't update now or ever"), or does it start to update but stops along the way? because if your 3DS is online but you can't update, sounds like your internet connection is too slow or unstable (drops intermittently). no 3DS will refuse an update, it will just tell you that you're updated and stop at that. EDIT: the best suggestion i can make is to access a better hotspot, preferrably one with faster internet. you'll be surprised how simple it is to update if you give your 3DS a "proper" access point.

"An Error Occurred. Unable to Update" is the message it gets after the download bar reaches like 1% and freezes. Also in response, read the message above yours =P My internet is fine and my original DS had no problems connecting and still doesn't have any problems, I don't know wtf is wrong with the 3DS.

LouAllet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what's the error message you get? does it really refuse to update (like saying "you can't update now or ever"), or does it start to update but stops along the way? because if your 3DS is online but you can't update, sounds like your internet connection is too slow or unstable (drops intermittently). no 3DS will refuse an update, it will just tell you that you're updated and stop at that. EDIT: the best suggestion i can make is to access a better hotspot, preferrably one with faster internet. you'll be surprised how simple it is to update if you give your 3DS a "proper" access point.

"An Error Occurred. Unable to Update" is the message it gets after the download bar reaches like 1% and freezes. Also in response, read the message above yours =P My internet is fine and my original DS had no problems connecting and still doesn't have any problems, I don't know wtf is wrong with the 3DS.

just what i'm experiencing sir.. the download bar would just fill up a little then it would stop and just says error and the 3ds will restart itself.. it won't even reach 50%.. will you let me know if you come up with a solution eventually just in case? thanks..

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
are your wifi configured simply or with lots of advanced custom thingamjiggers? because i find it's easier for the 3DS to connect to simple hotspots.

also, this might be an isolated issue, but i still have a strong feeling that it's your internet/wifi that's having problems, not the 3DS. again, i ask you to find a better hotspot, something simple and stable. if you still have problems updating from better access points, then it's your 3DS that have issues. but i strongly suspect you'll be able to update just fine otherwise.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
are your wifi configured simply or with lots of advanced custom thingamjiggers? because i find it's easier for the 3DS to connect to simple hotspots.

also, this might be an isolated issue, but i still have a strong feeling that it's your internet/wifi that's having problems, not the 3DS. again, i ask you to find a better hotspot, something simple and stable. if you still have problems updating from better access points, then it's your 3DS that have issues. but i strongly suspect you'll be able to update just fine otherwise.

Sigh...I already pointed out that I've tried multiple other hotspots one of which was a Mcdonalds that is officially recognized as a "Nintendo Zone Location" by the Nintendo website. The 2 SSIDs there yielded error 003-3102 just like every other hotspot I tried.

Just got home from trying exactly this, I tried 3 different spots and probably 10 different SSIDs that popped up, all within range (full bars) it wouldn't even connect. (Error: 003-3102) This is bullshit...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
then try to set up one, something as simple as possible, maybe with security off. maybe try it during off-peak hours, just to make sure.

i don't really trust outside hotspots that much. just because they're free or accessible doesn't mean they're fast. they could probably be congested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1