New 3DS - controls dont register

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by McNutsack, Aug 10, 2011.

Aug 10, 2011
  1. McNutsack
    OP

Newcomer McNutsack Member

United States
    This is embarrassing, but 40 days ago I bought a 3DS from Amazon. I'm just now opening it.
    I put the screen protectors on, boot it up, and I cannot get past the language select screen.
    I can't select "okay", not with the stylus nor the A,B, etc buttons.

I'm pretty sure it's been too long and is no longer eligible to be exchanged on Amazon?
    What about Nintendo customer service? If I email and explain my problem, will they service/replace it?
    I havent registered the warranty or anything for it yet...just opened an hour ago.

Any suggestions on tips/troubleshooting methods to see if it works before I actually contact Nintendo?

Thanks for the help. I'm honestly crushed. So ignorant of me to not test it out in a timely fashion...I've never experienced problems with such a popular electronic device though.

2. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    register it with club Nintendo and send it in for repair/replacement.

3. McNutsack
    OP

United States
    Will do that right now.
    Thank you, sir.

Still though, I'll stick around and see if any one can possibly help me troubleshoot it before I take the last resort step of sending it in...Mostly because I want to get my free games by logging into the e-store before it's too late =/

4. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah. once you sign up with club Nintendo you get an extra 90 days of warranty plus they should realize its a manufacturing defect and send you a new one promptly. especially if they can see you haven't even gotten past the first boot screen.

5. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Remove the screen protector, I had the same problem on the main menu once...

If the screen protector goes into one corner of the 3DS, it act like the stylus is constantly pressing somewhere and the 3DS doesn't react to key press anymore.

6. McNutsack
    OP

United States
    This WORKED. Thanks a lot. Although my screen protector was on perfect(imo), removing it and putting it back on now let's my B button and stylus register my commands.
    I had no idea that the screen protector would be affecting the A and B buttons ,too. Thanks so much.
    Now, it's just a shame my pricey Hori screen protector has a couple of finger prints trapped under it now =)