New 360 Hard Drive question.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Ivoire, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Ivoire
    OP

Ivoire GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    So, I got my 2 RRoD fixed, only to turn my 360 on and bit hit with an E68 screen. Just to avoid troubleshooting, because everyone here is extremely helpful with it ( being 100% sincere ) The hard drive turns up the same E68 screen on another 360. Also, the hard drive makes a weird clicking sound. If someone knows how to fix that, that'd be bloody wicked, because I never got a chance to backup anything on it.

Now, onto my question:

I've ordered a 60gb starter pack thing for the 360. Will recovering my gamertag be all I need to do in order to redownload all my DLC? Because, it'll still be the same 360 system.

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Yes, just recover the tag and redownload [​IMG].

3. Ivoire
    OP

Ivoire GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    Sweet, thanks Armadillo.

One more thing, if I may, would you happen to know how long that would take? Recovering the gamertag I mean. If it matters, last time I recall it took up a space of roughly 15-18 MBs on the dead drive. I'd just hate to be banned while it's recovering. -Slightly paranoid.- Haha.

4. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    Banned ? ... please explain? your running a flashed drive ? hacked some achievements ? etc etc ?

5. Ivoire
    OP

Ivoire GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    Flashed Drive! Achievements aren't in my interest zone, I just like my original gamertag.

Edit: This might be a shot in the dark, but would anyone happen to know how to fix that clicking noise? I opened up the drive and found that the arm keeps moving on and off the plate (spinning disc) within the hard drive. That's the clicking noise.