esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
yeah i'm currently pondering which one to put on my cart (since Duel Masters and Tactics Ogre are not coming out), but the ridiculously high encounter rate in the nagai rom has decided the issue.

yeah after this, i think all i'm looking forward to this the dragon quest slime game, the mario rpg, and the (!!!!!!) SD gundam. actually, that's quite of bit of games there, huh?

by the way, like the new avy&sig

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ao no Tenkai
Oriental Blue

The Story
"Ao no Daichi"
A wonderful place.
A land of happiness where lots of different people, humans, demons, Tolks lived together in happiness.

In that city of Daito, something strange will happen.
Daito will get asorbed into Makai (World of Ma)...
While that rumour was spreading, the main character arrives in the land holding an ancient tome.

The city of the world Daito will be changed into Makai by the Makai inhabitants!
A huge revived fortress "Ao no Shiro". "Majin Dalm" that flys in the sky...
And then the release of the seal on Daito Makai!!

The world
The world of Oriental Blue is a mysterious world that does not exist in this age.
A world that seems omnimous. Full of houses and stores that feels like China, Japanese style mansions, plains like the Mongol, deep forests and gold...

From an oriental world to the ruins of an advanced civilisation, a mysterious world is made.

The Nintendo Site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/aorj/index.html
Trailer, Wallpaper: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/aorj/download/right.html

bandidoquest

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks very cool, but it's japanese
mad.gif

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
Well, I mean, think about it. As much attention as it's getting here, there's bound to be a translation patch. Althoguh I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, this game look long. I'm expectin a sequel, as well.

mukimuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While that rumour was spreading, the main character finds out about the rise and fall of the land.
thanks for all the translations (i'm sure someone here appreciates them
rolleyes.gif
)
quick note-
oritatsu means arrive (although it'S a slightly more poetic way of saying it than normal)
thus that line would be:
"With that rumour spreading, our hero arrives with a mysterious ancient tome in his possession."
hope that helps

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for pointing that out. It would be poetic since it's a fantasy tale.

I would think the "ma" in it should be the Kanji for "demon" but since it's left in Katakana, I'm not sure so I'll just leave it. It should be though. Especially since this is a fantasy tale
tongue.gif

And the reason why I'm posting translations is because people keep asking what these games are about.

MeTaL MuLsH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. It's kind of about Jap releases in general and I;m sorry if this has been answered a million times already.

Ok I've noticed (with this game, the other two jap releases on the front page now and a lot of other Jap games) that the title screan has "Start" or "Press Start" in jap & eng, but nothing else in eng. Does anyone know why this is.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a lot of common English used by the Japanese and "Start" is one of those words. That's why you find them in games. It's considered "modern Japanese" although you do find traditional Kanji or Japanese words being used sometimes. I'm sure you've heard about how Japanese like to take things such as words from other languages and make it their own.

mukimuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be honest with you (and i mean no offence) english is considered cool in japan in general.
even to the extent of most singers using english in their songs now days.
the amusing thing is most people have little idea what the english means (in the case of songs anyway)

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be honest with you (and i mean no offence) english is considered cool in japan in general.
Heh, this is getting off topic...

I don't see the offence here but, yes , it is considered cool. They might not understand the long lyrics in songs but they do understand the odd word just like Anime fans understand the odd word of Japanese. A lot of foreign words (not just English) have also been adapted by the Japanese like "start" these days rather than using "hajimaru" or the traditional "kaishi".QUOTE(mukimuki @ Oct 24 2003, 12:42 PM)even to the extent of most singers using english in their songs now days.
the amusing thing is most people have little idea what the english means (in the case of songs anyway)
Well, you'll find English used in the songs of a lot of other countries too. Not just Japan.

MeTaL MuLsH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if english is so cool I wish they would make the whole game in Eng
biggrin.gif
. Oh well I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Thank you for clearifying that for me, it was just one of those little things that bug.

Luce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope this doesn't go the way of the Pokemon. Oriental Red, Oriental Green, Oriental Yellow.

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
actually, metalmush, if you look through the intro to the game, all of the characters and their descriptions are done in english, which makes me think that they're prepared to release the game overseas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ