Never done Gateway before, encountered problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ailuros27, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Ailuros27
    OP

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    I was using this guide after recently downgrading my 3DS to 9.2. I did everything exactly as described, but when I got to the part where you load the gateway website, and it didn't load successfully. Instead my top screen is white with "Failed to load part of this page." and the bottom screen is like old CRT screen static with diagonal stripes of said static. Did I do something wrong, or did my downgrade not work right and now I can't run the exploit?
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Last edited by Ailuros27, Jan 5, 2016
  2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Is launcher on the SD card? That is generally why it fails.

3. Ailuros27
    OP

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah. I put the launcher.dat there.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got it. Tried it again and it worked. I figured it might have just been a fluke.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It's not 100% stable and sometimes fails. You can increase the likelihood of it working by deleting cookies and history from your browser.

5. Ailuros27
    OP

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I deleted the cookies and history. I'm a seasoned RAM injector. :mthr:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for replying so quickly, even though this thread was premature and ultimately unnecessary.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Ailuros27
    OP

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    So, I got into Gateway and got my NAND backed up, but now every time I try the exploit the browser crashes and says the classic "An error has occurred."

Edit: Never mind. I'm an idiot. I forgot to put my SD card back in after copying the NAND backup to my computer.

Last edited by Ailuros27, Jan 6, 2016 - Reason: I'm stupid
    Quantumcat likes this.