Network Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by metamaster, Nov 22, 2010.

Nov 22, 2010

Network Problem by metamaster at 9:21 PM (591 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. metamaster
    OP

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've been having some problems with my computer lately. Every time I turn it on, there is no network connection, but if I reboot it, the network seems fine.
    I think it has to do with the network adapter or something... Anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this?

2. ACDCGAMER

Member ACDCGAMER GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Drivers, maybe? Have you checked if the cable (if you're using a cable) is properly connected?

3. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    If it is a wireless device, you could start swapping the USB cabble, and/or if problem persists then you could look for better drivers (Some drivers have issues with certain motherboards). Or else you have a buggy/infected windows partition, which┬┤d require format and install everything from the scratch.

4. metamaster
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, the cables are ok. When I reboot, I don't touch anything, it just works.
    It started doing this soon after installing Daemon Tools... But I've never had any problems with this on any other computer.

5. metamaster
    OP

Canada
    Weird, when I try to disable the network adapter, it freezes and all my computer's RAM get's used, until the computer itself freezes and I have to manually shut it down.
    Also, I checked the event viewer, I got a bunch of NetBT errors with "initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string..."
    I have an NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet network adapter.
    Anyone have any extra info on what can be going on?

6. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    If the RAM is full, go into task manager and find out what program is sucking up all the RAM.

7. metamaster
    OP

Canada
    The program that's taking up the RAM is dllhost.exe (the one that isn't responding)