NETWORK OPL LOADER 0.8 WITH WINDOWS XP?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by SixSenseEagle, Sep 11, 2012.

Sep 11, 2012
  1. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

How do I use network game share games to play on my ps2 using window xp??? because windows xp is way different than vista.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
  3. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    cmd.exe
    "ipconfig"

5. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Also now google does it for you, just type in "what is my ip" without the quotes :P

6. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

OK I'm using a old probably 97 to 2000 computer I have two 40 gb hard drives I just added one today, and now I'm trying to file share on my xp, and its not working ... :cry:

7. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    ...why exactly are people telling you to find your own IP is beyond me - you don't *want* OPL to work within your Home Network, you don't *want* it to work in WAN - you want to connect two devices over LAN, outside of the rest of the network.

Go to Network Connections.

[​IMG]

Now, find the Ethernet Card you are interested in using for the connection, right-click on it and select Properties. There, you will be able to set up the IP, Default Gateway and Subnet Mask.

Example Config:
    IP: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS 1/2: Blank

*If* an IP confict prompt shows up, change the range to for example 192.168.2.XXX - you want it to be an entirely separate network for security reasons. Now, go to the folder you want to share and right-click on it. Enter the properties:

[​IMG]

Create a share and remember its name, an example name would be "PS2SMB". The Permissions button will take you to an additional menu where you can adjust who can access this Share over Network and with what kind of priviledges. You want Read/Write or Full Access to make use of the Virtual Memory Card function of OPL in the future.

Next, you connect your PS2 to the Ethernet port and configure OPL on your PS2. In the Settings tab, you set ETH Device to Auto on startup, then you enter Network Settings and input the IP config you previously created. Then, you attach an IP within the same range to your PS2 - in our example, we used 192.168.1.100 as the PC adress, so let's use 192.168.1.101 just for convenience sake.

Next, input the port (445), the Share Name (PS2SMB from our example) and finally the account (depends on the Priviledges you set). Save the changes, reboot OPL and you're set to go.

Make sure that the folder you are sharing has two folders inside of it: CD and DVD. You will use them to sort your ISO images.