Hacking Netflix without Disc

D

Deleted User

nobody2000 said:
Maybe this isn't the place for this, but it looks like all the channel forwarding, USB loader stuff is no longer needed. BOOYAH!
wtf are you talking about.
the iso easily became a wad

jackharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody2000 said:
Newer wii menu versions and dumb users don't have anything to worry about. You speak of this like it's a bad thing.

I agree. Isn't the official netflix channel going to be more stable? Can we expect a new release? (hell, is the one directly from netflix free or not?) "This new channel is available at no extra cost. The new disc-free option installs Netflix on the Wii Menu, making it convenient for Wii owners to quickly access streaming movies and TV shows."

Ok, that answers that. Huzzah!

versapak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
i just got it, its no different than the wad i already had installed that was a forwarder to my netflix disc saved on usb...

cept it loads faster and takes more blocks..

The one you already had offered up searching?

I figured that was a feature new to this latest release. I didn't realize there were other Netflix releases for Wii aside from the one that they launched originally (which I know for a fact didn't offer searching, since it is the one I was using up until today).

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't done a system update in a long time because i'm afraid of bricking my wii or disabling HBC.

can someone upload the wad for this new channel, or explain how I can do a safe system update (or fake it) so i can use the shop channel to download it myself?

thanks very much
smile.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
versapak said:
terminal_illness said:
i just got it, its no different than the wad i already had installed that was a forwarder to my netflix disc saved on usb...

cept it loads faster and takes more blocks..

The one you already had offered up searching?

I figured that was a feature new to this latest release. I didn't realize there were other Netflix releases for Wii aside from the one that they launched originally (which I know for a fact didn't offer searching, since it is the one I was using up until today).

Yes, they updated the disc before the wiiware app. disc v1.1 could also do searching.

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
j0e2 said:
i haven't done a system update in a long time because i'm afraid of bricking my wii or disabling HBC.

can someone upload the wad for this new channel, or explain how I can do a safe system update (or fake it) so i can use the shop channel to download it myself?

thanks very much
smile.gif
I've been looking for one myself. But I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to ask for WADs here.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0e2 said:

thanks very much
smile.gif

you can follow this guide to update your system menu and other ios'es (including ios56 and shop channel)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
you can follow this guide to update your system menu and other ios'es (including ios56 and shop channel)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
If you don't want the whole 4.2 update, you can get away with installing just Shop v20 and IOS56 v5662.

Also, for those who want to know, the netflix channel uses IOS56.

KaiWren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed Shop Channel V20 and IOS 56 with wad manager, downloaded from modmii, worked like a dream, and now i can search, yay!

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
techboy said:
If you don't want the whole 4.2 update, you can get away with installing just Shop v20 and IOS56 v5662.

i installed ios56 v5662 and shopping channel v20 and now the shopping channel gives me blue screen error #002

so now what do i do? any ideas? i got it on release day in 2006 or whatever and put HBC on it a year or so later and have just been happy to use HBC since then. but my roommate loves her netflix so i really wanted to put the new netflix channel on there. i don't even really care if the shopping channel works, as long as i can somehow get the new netflix channel working.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
j0e2 said:
techboy said:

i installed ios56 v5662 and shopping channel v20 and now the shopping channel gives me blue screen error #002

so now what do i do? any ideas? i got it on release day in 2006 or whatever and put HBC on it a year or so later and have just been happy to use HBC since then. but my roommate loves her netflix so i really wanted to put the new netflix channel on there. i don't even really care if the shopping channel works, as long as i can somehow get the new netflix channel working.

Is there any difference between the new disc and the new channel? If not then why not just use the forwarder method we have been using?

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boondoklife said:
Is there any difference between the new disc and the new channel? If not then why not just use the forwarder method we have been using?
i don't have a USB drive and I don't have the new disc

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Wouldn't it be easier to find and install the .wad?

Actually, it was quite easy to update just the shop channel and install ios 56 using dop-mii... And I've had wads installed for the internet channel, and when I tried to update it through the shop channel, it would fail to install. So if there is an update for it, and I hope they do update it somewhat frequently, you'd have to remove the wad and install a new one manually (not a big deal I guess, but not easier
wink.gif
). P.S.... i started a netflix wishlist thread if you want to contribute....

Netflix Wishlist Thread

BTW there is no difference between the 1.0.1 disc version and the channel.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
j0e2 said:

Shop gives error 002 when something is wrong with IOS56. Verify that you have an unaltered (no trucha or other patches) IOS56 v5662 installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse