Netbook Network is born!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Briankealing, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2010

Netbook Network is born! by Briankealing at 6:02 PM (1,071 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey everyone!

I just got my website up at www.netbooknetwork.net. My first little forum and blog setup - a community dedicated towards netbook hacks, mods, software, operating systems, and more.

Some feedback from you guys would be awesome - join in on the forums if you have time!

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Problem is there's already so many of these.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You have nothing that other sites don't offer, and you lack things other sites do.

Gather info on what netbook models (and commonly-used netbook parts) can play which games at which settings, for example.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Another problem is: you don't really take any potential Linux users into account. There's quite a bit of netbooks running a Linux distro as the main OS (like mine, although I did that myself). Most people already know the things they need to know about Windows, but there's still a LOT they need to know about Linux, its advantages and its disadvantages compared to Windows. And that small section in your forum is most likely not going to solve the problem, because people won't sign up to a mainly Windows-oriented site if they have a question about installing a Linux distro.

5. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There WILL be a linux end on the blog and the forum. It's just the people helping out on the blog and the forum haven't posted anything.

One of my friends is going on a 26-linux-distro trek and reviewing every single one along the way. [​IMG]

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    From the rules

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.