Gaming Netbook Help!

sportscarmadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am looking for a new netbook instead of using my home desktop but im not sure what to buy im in the £200-£250 price range i also need microsoft office so i can do my homework on it if there is a netbook with it already install or will i have to buy it seperatly can anyone help

Or recommened any shops that sell good products?

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is Amazon's bestselling netbook.
You will struggle to find a netbook with office already installed, but you could use OpenOffice, a free alternative to Microsoft Office. If you need Microsoft Office though, there are other ways of getting it than buying it.
wink.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Open Office is pretty good. Microsoft Office never came with my own netbook. It's doubtful many do as they try and cut out costs with netbooks.

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would advise waiting about a month or two to pick up a netbook as the new pine trail atom proccessors are coming out on January 15th. the new proccessor won't really increase performance but it will help extend battery life 20% further than before, the n270 and n280 atom netbooks will probably drop in price soon to make way for the new n450.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
sportscarmadman said:
I aint seen open office before i was wondering are there any main drawbacks to openoffice compared to microsoft word
No.

www.openoffice.org

It's free and supports all Office formats. Also can save files as PDF - which can be handy.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also vouch for open office.
My father bought an HP Mini 110 a few months ago
hp-mini-110-xp.jpg

Open Office has a pretty awful startup time compared to the trial version of Microsoft Office that came with my netbook, but once it starts up it runs fine.

Also don't get an HP netbook, they're garbage. If you're willing to spend a little more, get a Toshiba.

Hedgehogofchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all netbooks (except ion netbooks) have the same amount of processing power and I personally don't like the keyboard on the Toshiba NB 200. The metal keyboard of the NB 205 is quite nice. If your willing to spend $470 Can. you could pick up the latest Toshiba NB 305 that has 11 hours of battery on a 6 cell battery which is quite impressive.

Is there any other criteria you are looking for in your netbook?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: