Net connection after softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Bow$er, Dec 1, 2010.

Dec 1, 2010

Net connection after softmod by Bow$er at 9:58 PM (1,517 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Bow$er
    OP

Newcomer Bow$er Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all. I softmodded my wii a few months back, before i softmodded my wii had NEVER been online before.
    On hindsight im thinking i should have established a internet connection before softmodding. Should i have ?

Right now, im 4.2e and i have priiloader installed and have block disc/online updates enabled.
    So do i just go through the steps of establishing a connection just as if my wii had never been softmodded ? Or is there anything i should know or anything i need to do first ?

You know what i mean? Basically, Im guessing alot of people got their wii online and downloaded the nescessary update for going online, THEN softmodded. Rather than softmodding first.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading.

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It makes no difference, whether you go online before or after modding.
    I did'nt go online til after, you set it up just as anyone else, just make sure your Wii finds your access point from your router, and once it does, DONT UPDATE, cause it'll ask you to.
    and any notifications either from disc or system/mail, just dont, install priiloader, enable block disc & system updates, and you'll be fine

3. Bow$er
    OP

Newcomer Bow$er Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks man. Nice one.

4. Bow$er
    OP

Newcomer Bow$er Member

United Kingdom
    Apologies, im still here lol.....

Does this apply to the shop channel too ? Or is that a whole different story ?
    Because atm, the only reason i want online is to buy some DLC for rock band. {prob should have mentioned that in the op}

But i need the shop channel installed and updated to do this yeah ?

Doin a bit of searching and i think i might need NUS downloader to update my shop channel safely. Is that correct?
    Or am i ok since im on 4.2e ?

Found this http://gbatemp.net/t239881-modded-4-2e-wii...-channel-update

{this quote is from the link}

Which option is most noob friendly {if any}

Thanks again.

5. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

Are you shure about new wii . In the new console opera is absent ,until you update ,console does not give you even download opera

6. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany