Nes Simulator Question.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Beavis, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Beavis
    OP

Beavis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2012
    United States
    I installed FCEU Gx fowarder on wii and it loads but them kicks me back to the menu. My question is how do I load my roms or better where on my sd card are they supposed to be ? In zip or .nes format ?

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    1. it's an emulator, not a simulator
    2. a forwarder channel is basically just a link to the emulator's boot.dol file on your SD Card, make sure this file is in the correct path (you can find that path where you downloaded the forwarder most probably)
    3. The roms can be anywhere on your SD card, but they've got to be in .nes format ;)

Hope I could help!

3. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    As Michi said, you need the roms, If I not bad remember, the SNES emulator or the GBA emulator have two folders, one for ROMS and other for saves, put your roms in the roms folder.

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    As far as I know VBAGX lets you browse through your entire SD card, it just has that one default path ;)
    This is about FCE Ultra GX anyway ;) And I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have the actual app on his card, which is why the forwarder kicks him back into the system menu

5. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    That's right, he need to fit the app in apps folder and download the correct channel fo vWii, then search the rom, I had used the emulator a long time ago, that's why I don't remember very well xD.

FanLuigi likes this.
  6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    offtopic: when i started in the wii scene, i did get pretty confused about the channels thing... i thought you could install homebrew as a channel....

specially when modmii created a forwarder for cfg usb loader i thought it was another version\separated from the HBC one...

also: nes simulator 2015 is better than chocolate milk simulator 13

MichiS97 likes this.
  7. Beavis
    OP

Beavis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2012
    United States
    Yes.. That was my problem the actual app wasn't in my apps folder.... Thanks