NES DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Dookieman, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

NES DS by Dookieman at 4:47 AM (1,634 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Dookieman
    OP

Member Dookieman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am having trouble with NES DS. I have an AceKard2 flashcart, and it is wonderful. When I load NES I get the root of the SD displyed, but I am unable to move, or select the folder that I want. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what are you pressing?

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Put your NES ROMS folder in the root of your SD.

4. Smokescale

Newcomer Smokescale Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same issue. It does this occasionally, usually after rebooting the system. I'll load the AceKard's interface, navigate to the emulator, then when it runs, it's as though the system just locks up. Nothing happens, no input from any button or the touch screen can elicit a response. I have to shut the system down completely, then restart it (or just a soft reset since this is a DSi). When it DOES work, it works wonderfully...but it's maddening having to fight just to get the device to work. Nothing seems to change between when it will and will not work, I have not moved any system folders or files. I have not relocated the roms, I have not done anything except turn the system on and off throughout all my attempts to run the emulator.

Is there a patch or an updated version that corrects whatever problem this is?

5. Dookieman
    OP

United States
    Does the regular Acekard 2 work in the DSi? You are probably talking about the AK2i right?

6. Smokescale

United States
    I am indeed talking about the AceKard 2i, with a 4gig Micro SDHC card (though I have swapped it out with a 2gig micro, non HC and had no change in operation, it's nice that it supports High Capacity micro sd cards). Now the emulator DOES work, but it generally requires anywhere from one to several (it varies) restarts of the DSi itself.

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you must use akaio the official has an issue with nesds.

-another world

8. Dookieman
    OP

United States
    I am using AIAKIO, I wonder what the deal is..... Is it an Acekard problem?

9. Smokescale

United States
    I dunno. The Acekard itself I haven't had any issues with other than it not fitting physically in the slot as well as it should, losing connection unless held down manually...I fixed that with a few pieces of strategically placed scotch tape to thicken the card just enough to fit more snuggly as it should. After correcting the problem, I haven't had any connection problems in the least. It loads just fine, it runs just fine, it reads the micro SD without any trouble. All other applications load and run without a hitch...but the NES emulator seems to lock up upon restart. Once you get it running, it runs just fine...then you shut the device down for the night, when you come back the next day, it's kind of a crapshoot on if it'll run properly or not.

10. Dookieman
    OP

United States
    I've tried your suggestion of turning it on and off until it works, but I am still not having any luck. Hmmmppff. Poop.

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    start by formatting your msd using the panasonic formatter
    install akaio 1.4.1 proper and update the loaders
    download this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=870
    make a directory in the root and put your nes roms there, then put the nesds.nds in any folder

it has always worked for me on all versions of akaio. both on my rpg and many of my acekard 2/2.1s. you should not have a problem, and the easiest way to debug is to have you do a fresh reformat of your msd.

-another world

12. Dookieman
    OP

United States
    Got it! Awesome, thanks, works great! Skate or Die time!