Hacking NeoGamma issue

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NeoGamma R9 b56 and waninkoko's cIOS 249 base 56 v21 and when i click on "Press A to mount WBFS" neogamma freezes. I've tried using a d2x cIOS and that had the same issue. Also, USB Loader GX freezes at "initialize USB Device"

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neogamma is looking for a WBFS formatted partition, and I assume that GX is doing the same. Is your USB device have a WBFS partition?

edit, you may as well reinstall the D2x cIOS, that is what Neogamma officially supports.

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neogamma is looking for a WBFS formatted partition, and I assume that GX is doing the same. Is your USB device have a WBFS partition?

edit, you may as well reinstall the D2x cIOS, that is what Neogamma officially supports.
Yeah, my USB is formatted to WBFS, I've played games off of it before. I updated NeoGamma because in the middle of my game it treated it as if the disc was ejected out of the machine and froze within a minute or so after playing.

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, and I thought that was probably the problem, it's a pretty cheap USB and kind of old. I'll get a new one and see if that does anything.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also check the usb device with WBFS manager or similar application, just to see if the usb device has become corrupted. Maybe you need to reformat it and reinstall the iso.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if that's the case, then perhaps you have a different issue. Maybe you could check the usb port, maybe use the usb stick for something else, like loading rom for an emulator. You could also run a system check just to see that IOS249 is as you say it is.

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatted it, put some ISO's on, USB Loader GX had the same outcome as before, same with NeoGamma. I'm gonna do what you said about the ROM.

EDIT: nvm, its in a wbfs format so i cant put a rom on it

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you know that you should use the edit button. The double or triple posts are not necessarily. :)

Edit: By the way, cute avatar! :)

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the light on the usb stick work when the usb loader tries to access it?
Yeah, it does.

Edit: nvm, it used to but i just checked. The light does NOT come on/flicker when i tried to use it. Im about to go get an external hard drive and hopefully that will work. Im almost positive its the USB's problem.

Edit: just picked up a new usb, formatting and loading games, ill try it out here in a second.

Last* edit: It worked! it was the usb the whole time. thanks a ton!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all