Hacking NeoGamma black screen

allyman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i never thought i'd be making this post, but here i am.

My little bro was messing around in the homebrew channel..

He told me he himself.

Before he went into it, NeoGamma was working fine, then i left out the room for a little bit.

So now, i tried loading up NeoGamma, when i try to open it, my Wii just goes all black.

I am on 4.2U, With HomeBrew Channel, And NeoGamma R7 (249)

Will i have to Re-mod my Wii or something? If so, i would need detailed instructions, as i didn't even Mod my Wii, Myself.

He may have hit "Launch Bootmii" In the Homebrew Channel, I doubt that did anything harmful, i had never clicked it before, but now i have, and it just goes black also.

Also, You know how you can move the little channel box's around, into different spots, well after he went in the HomeBrew channel, i took the HomeBrew channel and moved it to the far right, so he couldn't see it, then i moved everything back, when i noticed it wasn't letting NeoGamma load (Didn't fix the problem)

Also he said he wasn't sure how he got out of the Homebrew Channel, he said he held a button till it exited... Confused me..

I am fairly new to this whole Wii modding stuff, so i don't understand a fair bit of it, but i am learning, and i am kind of glad this is happening, as i may learn something from it.

I hope you guys can help me,
smile.gif

One more thing, when the screen goes black, my controller becomes unresponsive.

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try reformatting the SD card and copying back the files, maybe something has gotten corrupted in it and is causing your problems.

allyman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand that... I was using NeoGamma fine, without the SD Card...

Now, I tried USB Loader GX, from Homebrew, And it also goes Black, Is it possible i am missing a cIOS, if so, how could that be? If NeoGamma was working one minute, and then the next minute not working, how is that even possible ;l Unless something was done.

Anyways, if anybody could still help me here, i'd love that.

And also, is it safe to install cIOS's? Is it possible to brick my Wii doing so?
biggrin.gif

allyman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which step should i start from though?

I'm already on 4.2U, Is it possible to brick my Wii if i follow the steps from the beginning on that tutorial?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: