NeoDS vs Marca DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by faceless79, Mar 11, 2009.

Mar 11, 2009

NeoDS vs Marca DS by faceless79 at 3:42 AM (2,936 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. faceless79
    OP

Newcomer faceless79 Member

United States
    ok i know marca is a MAME emulator and NeoDS is a NEOGEO emulator, what i dont get is why marca can only play the older games (no sf2 or darkstalkers here)
    but neoDS plays kof 2003 perfectly at full speed. is the mame and neogeo hardware THAT different from each other or is it based on the programming skills of there respective creators?

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Neo DS emulates the system console, not the arcade. They are very different I believe.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Not really, they're pretty much the same thing with different BIOSes. If you have the Unibios, you can run the very same game ROMs in either arcade or home mode.

"MAME" is not a hardware. MAME is an initialism for "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator". It's basically a bunch of emulators all rolled into one. MarcaDS is not a "MAME emulator" because that's not really a concept which is fundamentally sound. It's just similar to MAME in that it emulates more than one system. The Darkstalkers games run on CPS-2 hardware, which is a good deal more powerful than the Neo Geo, so that's why you can't play that. Most of the Street Fighter II series runs on the CPS-1, which is probably possible on the DS, but nobody's made an emulator for it.

4. robochrono09

Banned robochrono09 Banned

United States
    how is the speed on Neods?

can I play games like garou at full speed ?

5. Seaniam

Newcomer Seaniam Member

Australia
    dude neoDS is sweet. I wouldnt say full speed, but its pretty close. Totally playable and enjoyable. Garou ( i have it) is awsome on it, as with SNKvCapcom, Revenge of the Dragon, KOF etc

6. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If it were, it'd be an emulator emulator as mame is an emulator