OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
for all the oldies who remember geocities! neocities is a spiritual successor to the former website. for those who have no idea what NC/GC is/was: it's a hosting site where you can make your own website using HTML, CSS and sometimes JS (the way god intended, unlike the modern websites with a fuck ton of scripts) and of course text and images.
it is possible to have your own domain (by default you use NC's subdomain) if you're a supporter (5 bucks a month, i believe.)

does any of you have a website on NeoCities? feel free to link your own NC pages.
here's mine. i need to make an actual button soon. also it's still in making.

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I have two Neocities sites! They are pretty useful. Lots of space for me too so yea. I might become a supporter on both accounts eventually. One is my blog site while the other is the AntiTikTok Union Site. Now, I won't link because I believe the GBATemp rules won't let it as it is a self-promo thing unless a mod gave you permission.

blakeana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
I have two Neocities sites! They are pretty useful. Lots of space for me too so yea. I might become a supporter on both accounts eventually. One is my blog site while the other is the AntiTikTok Union Site. Now, I won't link because I believe the GBATemp rules won't let it as it is a self-promo thing unless a mod gave you permission.
i think this isn't selfpromo as it's for a specific type of website - it would be against the rules however if someone linked their non-Neocities website.
it's safe, mods shouldn't be too much of authoritarians.

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
i think this isn't selfpromo as it's for a specific type of website - it would be against the rules however if someone linked their non-Neocities website.
it's safe, mods shouldn't be too much of authoritarians.
Ah ok. I will link it in that case (hopefully not getting a warning)

My Blog Site
AntiTikTok Union

They are more like old school sites you would find random middle schoolers host.

blakeana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
Either do what @blakeana said or use something like MSPaint to make them. You can also just make a separate HTML file for testing.
broooo MS Paint i haven't used that shit in ages. personally my nowadays preference is SAI+Paint.NET+Aseprite

as for the Under Construction images, GifCities is your friend for old types of graphics, as they are directly archived from GeoCities sites :D

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
broooo MS Paint i haven't used that shit in ages. personally my nowadays preference is SAI+Paint.NET+Aseprite

as for the Under Construction images, GifCities is your friend for old types of graphics, as they are directly archived from GeoCities sites :D
I have heard of those too xD. The under construction images I never knew of xD. I didn't use Geocities sadly. Luckily, I can go find them eventually thanks to you :hrth:

blakeana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
I have heard of those too xD. The under construction images I never knew of xD. I didn't use Geocities sadly. Luckily, I can go find them eventually thanks to you :hrth:
gifcities and certain NC sites are your biggest friends when it comes to looking for graphics or HTML/CSS stuff - hell, I used to steal images from old Nintendo websites from GCN/GBA era (these are still up in their full grace!) to my site.

if you still want help then hmu on discord as i'm now home and able to help you

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
gifcities and certain NC sites are your biggest friends when it comes to looking for graphics or HTML/CSS stuff - hell, I used to steal images from old Nintendo websites from GCN/GBA era (these are still up in their full grace!) to my site.

if you still want help then hmu on discord as i'm now home and able to help you
Thanks for the info xD. I will look at GifCities soon.

codenameTOSTR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codenametostr.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried making a Neocities website in an attempt to teach myself how to code in HTML cuz I'm stuck at home. I really love the whole late-90s to early-2000s a e s t h e t i c websites had back then which is exactly how I'm trying to make mine look.

blakeana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
I tried making a Neocities website in an attempt to teach myself how to code in HTML cuz I'm stuck at home. I really love the whole late-90s to early-2000s a e s t h e t i c websites had back then which is exactly how I'm trying to make mine look.
hit me up on DMs (here or on Discord), i will be more than happy to help!

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I've been learning how to make my own site as well. It's been somewhat hard as of now, but pretty fun too. Also, I can say things that normally wouldn't be allowed on other sites which is nice :D
Can't wait to see your Neocities site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1