NEO GEO X Gold microSD Adapter

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found this on AliExpress for £17, comes with a 8GB microSD filled to the brim with games. I feel like in my opinion that its too much for the money, but also, you could do it yourself on the cheap with a microSD to SD card adapter by swapping around the pins which is what this adapter is doing here. This will only work apparently as the description says with 3.70 or below.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32715193669.html

Last edited by SylverReZ,

pineapplewitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting find on AliExpress for £17. Thinking you could probably DIY it with a microSD to SD card adapter for less, but they mention it only works on 3.70 or below. Worth considering the pros and cons :)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting find on AliExpress for £17. Thinking you could probably DIY it with a microSD to SD card adapter for less, but they mention it only works on 3.70 or below. Worth considering the pros and cons :)
You can make your own. I found an image on how to do it here:
1700018852797.png

In order for it to work though, you need to install the jailbreak firmware for 3.70 or below called "JailBreak_V0.4-5-gecf6931.img", which is based off firmware version 500a. Suppose you could also make a PCB with the pins swapped and add a microSD slot, which is what the manufacturer created. This specific adapter on the listing came originally with the NGX Tools package.

• Love
Reactions: pineapplewitch

pineapplewitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make your own. I found an image on how to do it here:
View attachment 404292
In order for it to work though, you need to install the jailbreak firmware for 3.70 or below called "JailBreak_V0.4-5-gecf6931.img", which is based off firmware version 500a. Suppose you could also make a PCB with the pins swapped and add a microSD slot, which is what the manufacturer created. This specific adapter on the listing came originally with the NGX Tools package.
I’m confused. Do you mean DIY the microSD or DIY the games shown on the link? I don’t know if I’m familiar with any of them.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m confused. Do you mean DIY the microSD or DIY the games shown on the link? I don’t know if I’m familiar with any of them.
DIY the microSD card adapter.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The console that had huge carts, now the games are in a tiny card.
They didn't put much effort into storage for their carts, just a botched up SD card that swaps the data lines around.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1