neek2o+di Gamecube backups reset Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by rhester72, Feb 8, 2016.

1. rhester72
    OP

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Same guy as before :)

4.1U emunand that works properly with WiiWare and Wii backups under neek2o hidden menu Disc Channel.

However, when I try to boot a GameCube backup, it appears properly in the Disc Channel, but when I try to actually start it, the Wii hard resets back into realnand - no indication of neek2o doing it, just a black screen, then a hard reset and a drive access, and then back into realnand.

My neek2o+di installation is pretty basic - just a usb1:/sneek directory with the kernel, di, and font files, which works well under all other conditions (including in USB Loader GX). I use Nintendont under GX, where the GameCube backups load fine.

The only "unusual" thing I've done lately is that I removed DIOS MIOS and replaced it with the standard system MIOS v10.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Rodney

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can't run Gamecube games without either DIOS MIOS or a loader like Nintendont or Devolution. NEEK doesn't override MIOS's requirement that it be a real disc.

3. rhester72
    OP

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Ah, OK - I thought since a cIOS wasn't required for Wii under NEEK, perhaps GameCube worked the same way (i.e. "fully native"). Nintendont has -much- better compatibility than DM, so I'll stick with that. Thanks!

Rodney

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The "+DI" is the disc interface emulation. I suppose it could be possible to emulate GC discs, too, but I don't think the latest version of neek2o's source is available.