Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so i formated my wii on 3.4 and it had gamma and now my wii cant read any discs and the news , weither, shop are not working.
i rember and seached for a trick with a game qube pad but cant find any info on . help me pleases!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That trick is the one to get into recovery mode but it won't help you much unless you can run something like ios downgrader.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks buddy
what can i do in recovery mode ? is there a wiidisc that can resets the wii back to its full self? im thinking its a softwhere prob im hopeing to fix it with n next update , wii that work?

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YOu probably have to downgrade to 3.2(actually you HAVE to) and I THINK that you have to reinstall the CIOS. Maybe not, downgrade first and then try it. BTW, for the shop, look on WiiBrew. There's a app for it.
smile.gif
Good Luck!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya useually recovery is for upgrading but there is no higher update than 3.4 which you have.I think you need the homebrew channel with ios16.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't there another way to install HBC on 3.4???

Offtopic: I just realized that the third and fourth stars for the post count have a defect in them.... Must be some kind of hint to the end of the world!

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if it does work
This disc is used to restore Nintendo Wii consoles to their factory state and allows you to change some internal settings

then i could just reset to factory settings i.e good as new

axe97

Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
ok,so.........

first install the homebrew channel. (there is a special version for 3.4, search it on wiibrew i think, or just google it)

then run ios downgrader. let it install and dont touch anything.

You must have an internet connection for this next part!!!!!!!!!!

once thats done, boot up firmware downgrader 1.2 and select 3.2X (the X stands for your region, i.e. E=europe, U=USA)
IMPORTANT!!!! make sure to choose your correct region or you will end up with a semibrick!!!

now you should be on a clean v3.2
YAY!

now, if you want to use gamma again just install the cIOS again.

hopefully this helps
i dont know if it will because i dont know what caused the problem but its worth a go.

since ur on 3.4, you might get errors and have to use the oct 23rd fix. if you try to install and errors come and its not working, take a look at this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

here is IOS Downgrader and FW Downgrader for u.( it doesnt include homebrew channel though)

http://rapidshare.com/files/194038582/IOSD...er_FWD.rar.html

i wish u luck

K

Kurisuellegarden

Is this Zelda you are using a RETAIL version or a BACKUP version? You can't use backups anymore so if you only have backup, go rent a game or borrow it from a friend!

Perform the Twilight Hack for 3.4 and get the homebrew channel back on.

Get Wad manager from waninkoko
Custom Wad manager that works on ios 16

Install ios 16 on wad manager from waninkoko.
Go to the custom wad manager that works off of 16 to install cios_fix.

Then use custom ios downgrader and downgrade to your regioins 3.2

Now go back and reinstall gamma or whatever you used before to play backups. =]

I can post links to tutorial if you do this.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swf3 said:
but my dvd drive cant read zelda so how can i instal homebrew channel?
Formatting i highly doubt caused your prob, More than likely your DVD drive has just went bad or your using a backup or you used anyregion changer or somehow semi bricked your Wii? Or your not telling us the whole story

When you go into wii settings What Firmware does it say your wii is on? 3.4E 3.4U and so on.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
swf3 said:
but my dvd drive cant read zelda so how can i instal homebrew channel?
Formatting i highly doubt caused your prob, More than likely your DVD drive has just went bad or your using a backup or you used anyregion changer or somehow semi bricked your Wii? Or your not telling us the whole story

When you go into wii settings What Firmware does it say your wii is on? 3.4E 3.4U and so on.

am using a RETAIL version of zelda and yes i did use arc earlyer yesterday im hoping an update from n will help me out if not the im going to try swaping dvd drives with a friends wii and see if that helps

thanks for all your replys guys

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well more than likely you have changed your console area setting? i'm sure that is the case because look Weather channel and shop channel stopped working so i'm pretty sure this is the case, so more than likely a update from BIG N wii not help you, Cause i'm pretty sure it wont change the console area setting back to normall,

Best Bet is if you know what Area Setting you changed your wii to, you could Buy a Offical Zelda game from that Region and Re-install the Tp hack and reuse ARC and fix your Wii,

Or Best Option is to Mod-chip your wii, Or Switch Out a Dvd-Drive from a Friends Wii that is Moded, and Download Zelda from one Region at a Time PAL\US\JP until you Find the One that Works on your Wii,or if you know what Console Area setting you changed your wii to use that Region after that Then Re-install the Tp hack, and use ARC to fix your settings,

By the way if you would not have formatted you could have easily Fixed your Wii,

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Well more than likely you have changed your console area setting? i'm sure that is the case because look Weather channel and shop channel stopped working so i'm pretty sure this is the case, so more than likely a update from BIG N wii not help you, Cause i'm pretty sure it wont change the console area setting back to normall,

Best Bet is if you know what Area Setting you changed your wii to, you could Buy a Offical Zelda game from that Region and Re-install the Tp hack and reuse ARC and fix your Wii,

Or Best Option is to Mod-chip your wii, Or Switch Out a Dvd-Drive from a Friends Wii that is Moded, and Download Zelda from one Region at a Time PAL\US\JP until you Find the One that Works on your Wii,or if you know what Console Area setting you changed your wii to use that Region after that Then Re-install the Tp hack, and use ARC to fix your settings,

By the way if you would not have formatted you could have easily Fixed your Wii,

i wish i hadnt formated it now, to update now, my shop is working but news and weither channels dont it says ( this channel cant be used) and im on ver 3.4 e
is there anywhere in the uk toget a chep usa game to see if my drive wll read it? also if i swap dvd drives will it more than litely sort it out? (where would the arc changes be i.e on the dvd drive its self?)

thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...