Needing help hacking TTYD

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by LaDestitute, Oct 26, 2016.

1. LaDestitute
    OP

LaDestitute Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    I've been screwing around with hacking The Thousand-Year Door and so I've been using gcrebuilder along with jackoalan's custom-build of Audacity to modify the .stm files for the game's BGMs. I'm rebuilding from a root folder exported from a fresh ISO and I always repack/rebuild the root folder to a custom ISO. I'm also using the latest stable of Dolphin (5.0 x64), too.

Problem is, when the game gets to a point where the custom music I inserted gets to the end of it's loop, it crashes and makes a horrible buzzing noise until I close or kill the process. Any idea of what might be doing this from the replaced music and how I can fix it?

I've narrowed it down maybe, since the custom music .stm(s) I inserted technically work, I can hear them in game, short of the crash/softlock I get. I've taken precautions such as making sure it's stereo, that I include the loop label, 32000Hz, same/smaller file size, 16-bit PCM: but I'm not sure if the game is so fussy about some of those specific details in order to get the custom music working without any crashes or softlocks. I don't think it is for Hz or bitdepth as for requiring 32000Hz or 16-bit PCM but I like being better safe than sorry.

Last edited by LaDestitute, Oct 26, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice