Need to get unbanned

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MeatieMeat, May 22, 2017.

1. MeatieMeat
    OP

MeatieMeat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    for some reason last night I tryed to play online and got error 002-0102 that told me I could not access online. so I guess I was banned and I googled how to unban and there are a few ways but they are all old ways what is the easiest up to date way?
    I only have 1 3ds and no hard mod

2. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    What did you do that could have warranted the ban? It could be temporary, so might be worth waiting a couple of weeks first.

TheKingy34 likes this.
  3. MeatieMeat
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    tried to play monster hunter xx English patchv2

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was banned before and a friend of mine fixed it for me back when pokemon sun/moon was out before launch but he is on vacation so I cant even ask him

4. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    You can't "unban" yourself. Bans are for a reason and are permanent. You need another Nintendo 3DS console, that is not banned. Don't cheat/play games before release next time. Its as simple as that.

5. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    002-0102 is permaban and don't think it can be undone.

welcome to the perma-ban club!

Raylight likes this.
  6. MeatieMeat
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    the game has been release but its only in japan so I didn't cheat or play an unreleased game

7. touholic

touholic Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2017
    Switzerland
    Maybe it is because you played a Japanese game on a US region console and used the game's multiplayer feature.

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    And you're in NA, so you played an unreleased game online, that's common sense dude. The only way to unban yourself is to get a fresh LFCS from a donor 3DS, and that one needs to be hacked too. Otherwise, it's permanent.

When they say "unreleased" they mean for your region. If it hasn't come out where you live, then it's unreleased.

Quantumcat and Dionicio3 like this.
  9. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Wow... So you learned NOTHING after being banned for playing sun / moon online early, huh? I have no sympathy.

10. ThunderbInazuma

ThunderbInazuma Pocket Rotom

Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, you either f***ed up your friend capability of also going online or, if he injected you a public file, you f***ed up even more people.
    Haven't you learned anything from Sun & Moon?
    Anyway, you can try to search on google on how to inject a LFCS_B on your system. Good luck

11. MeatieMeat
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Wow I ask for some help on a website that is for 3ds modding and get a bunch of assholes giving me shit. Real helpful

12. alex61194

alex61194 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    you guys have 0 idea, you cant unban yourseft (i had that ban) you just need the localfriendseed_b
    of a unbanned 3ds

13. Shad0w136

Shad0w136 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    I do recall someone above actual being helpful by saying to get another 3ds that isn't banned. Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do :|

Raylight, queendude and nechigawara like this.
  14. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Seriously, a simple google search reveals how to "unban" yourself. Please, google before posting an entire thread.

Last edited by iAqua, May 23, 2017
    Raylight, Powerful and Dionicio3 like this.
  15. Shad0w136

Shad0w136 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    To be fair, I've heard about the situation of being banned, but it's never happened to me, so I haven't bothered learning how myself.

nechigawara likes this.
  16. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Agree, it's better to learn how to avoid getting ban.

SahierKHLover and Dionicio3 like this.
  17. queendude

queendude GBAtemp Regular

May 8, 2017
    Germany
    Well the people who you call "bunch of assholes" have right. You can't do anything. You're banned. And by the way if you would google it you would know the answer but instead you're creating another shitty thread. It's absolutely your fault and there is no reason to insult us for that.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  18. MogeMH

MogeMH Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2017
    United States
    Permaban

19. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Think of us like your insurance company. If you told them you drove your car into a pole because you were on your phone or something similar, they're not going to pay for repairs right? Sort of the same thing. You told us you got banned before, had it fixed and got banned again and you're upset people are giving you shit. Even if we did offer legitimate advice (which we did) we're going to give you shit first regardless for being ignorant. You're extremely lucky you got unbanned the first time, you got cocky and got banned again.

Now like I said before the only way to reverse it yourself is to get a new LFCS from another 3DS. ALL the public ones you'll find online are already banned. I'd like to mention too that if your friend gave you the LFCS from his own console, you got him banned too. So you're a pretty crappy friend IMO. Your options are:
    • Hope your friend isn't pissed, and has another 3DS to dump the cert for you.
    • Buy a new console on a hacking firmware
    • Use the bootrom to generate a legit signed "new" LFCS (Though I'm not even sure if anyone can do that yet)
    • Cry in a corner?

queendude likes this.
  20. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    lol I was going to say something on the guy who said you can't unban yourself, but this works. Good share.