1. x1chris1x

OP x1chris1x Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been looking for ways to clean inside electronics ( circuit boards, and other components) safely without high risk to damaging any of the internals.

I recently obtained my Wii from a family member after 11 years. It works, however roaches made a nest inside and they crapped everywhere. There were also a few alive still.

I cleaned all the plastics and metals with soap and water, dried then real good, and used compressed air to get rid of any droplets. However I need to clean the circuit board and all its components aswell.

What are some homemade solutions, or store bought that would safely clean up these components. I know that isopropyl alcohol 99% would be highly recommended. Maybe if the covid situation didnt out it at the top of must have item list I would just go pick it up.

2. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    CRC Electronics Cleaner. You can get it at WalMart. If you see a "with lubricant" version, don't buy that. You just want the regular stuff. It cleans contacts and evaporates almost immediately. If your board is so scuzzy there is stuff that actually needs to be scrubbed off, then use a plain nylon toothbrush, brush gently, then blast that shit off the board with the spray.

Good luck.

[​IMG]

x1chris1x and alexander1970 like this.
  3. x1chris1x

OP x1chris1x Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you

Hanafuda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - components, inside, clean