Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright so here goes. School is almost out (in about 12 days) and my girlfriend may be having a pool party with some friends. Along with my hair problem + possib. solution, I basically have a small fat pack over my abdominal so I need to get rid of that and build some muscle. My question is does anyone have an ideal workout for me? I'm a 5'10" teen boy that weighs about 135 lbs. I'm not looking for a full sized 6-pack, just to rid the fat and gain muscle so that when I sit down, the fat doesn't bend like an extra chin. As for my nutrition I usually don't eat fattening things. I don't have any fast food or fried food or sugary foods. Good YouTube videos would work.

Thanks Tempers, counting on you guys.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, if your girlfriend truly is someone that likes you, she won't care about not having the abs of Zeus.

Second off, I don't think there's any diets or workouts (albeit safe ones) that will work in 12 days. I'm not an expert but it just seems common sense.

Just lifting weights is the easiest thing, but it takes time to build abs or whatever.

And 5'10" and 135 doesn't seem too bad. I'm 6'3" and around 210 and I'm not obese by any means. Not exactly built but I'm not a fatty.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sit-ups. Really simple, and they work great.

12 days is feasible. The moment it starts hurting is the moment your muscles start getting stronger. So when you feel you can't possible do an extra one, do an extra ten. Next day you might feel like crap, but in two days you'll notice you can do maybe ten more than your last limit.

TL;DR : Sit-ups.

Paulieo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
paulschembri.com.au
XP
Country
Australia
If you had asked earlier it would have been easier to give you a good answer, but you can still do it in 12 days if you work hard enough. I started doing cardio 3 - 4 times a week and in 2 weeks my stomach is completely flat and I have no more love handles. It was very intense cardio though. I did regular cardio for 45 before breakfast and before bed I did an hour of plyometrics. Makes you lose weight like crazy. You have make sure you eat enough though otherwise you will totally crash. Then you can just do ab work outs If you want a good ab workout check out P90X their ab ripper x is awesome.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
10 push ups, then 50 sit ups, then ten push ups again, then 50 sit ups.
Increase the number of push ups and sit ups each day by 10% so do 11 push ups, 55 sit ups, 11 push ups, 55 sit ups the next day.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sorry to say but it's just not possible to go from a fat pack to a six pack in 12 days, i'v been doing abs exercises at my local Gym 6 times a week for the last half a year and i'v just got started on my two pack, doing just push ups and sit ups won't work either, you need to exercise all parts of your stomach area regularly, if you're serious about it, expect it to take a while, just your girlfriend knowing you going for it should be enough right?
wink.gif

EDIT: Seems I misread the question silly me. If you're just looking to get rid of the fat around your stomach area, same rules apply, go at it every day until it starts to hurt when you put pressure on your stomach, it may just work but it's gonna be a challenge getting rid of it all in 12 days.
You're going to be having to do alot of Cardio workouts too, try going out running for a few hours everyday.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
At most, you'll be able to get rid of 4kg in those 2 weeks, but it won't all be from your stomach. You'll lose this fat from your whole body. You can't spot reduce.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There's no way to target only some fat to lose, like only your stomach or on your butt (spot reduction); you have to lose fat in general, and that's a long term goal. You can't really do it in two weeks.

That being said, some core muscle exercises can tighten your stomach/waistline and make you appear slimmer. Do situps (all possible versions), hanging leg raises, weighted side bends (you can use bottles/gallons/buckets of water for weights), weighted waist twists, sitting weighted waist twists, etc.

But here's the important part: pull in your stomach as much as you can while doing the exercises. You have to breathe correctly, but keep the stomach as flat and as glued to your spine as you can while still breathing. Most people tend to just let the stomach bulge out during situps (they're easier that way); don't. Pull it in.

Also, vacuum exercises. Basically, holding in your stomach and strenghtening the core muscles that shape your midsection in a way that makes you slimmer. Body builders use that exercise to shape their stomach. Here's a short guide.

And always, always sit up straight. Slouching down gives you folds.

Good luck
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg