Need some guidance (hack related)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by StupidGamer1, Mar 12, 2017.

1. StupidGamer1
    OP

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    I followed the guide on 3ds guide and all was going smoothly up into the point where you install FBI on the system. I dumped H&S and injected FBI but H&S is still showing up on my 3DS menu, then I piddled around here and found a way around that using HBL to get it working BUT I can no longer get into HBL as when I load the sound file it just kicks me back out into the 3ds menu. After updating my system with arm9 installed it's now on 11.3.0-36. I can still access luma3ds and hourglass9 but can't find a way to get FBI on my 3ds and install the CIA files that are shown on the 3ds guide. Can anyone steer me in the right direction so I can have my 3DS hacked properly. I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    is fbi installed over h&s
    and for homebrew just download the menu app from fbi title db

3. StupidGamer1
    OP

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    that's just it. I CAN'T install FBI. (EDIT. Hourglass9 says "success" but FBI doesn't show up on the menu just the stock H&S)

Last edited by StupidGamer1, Mar 12, 2017
  4. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    is it saying you successfully installed fbi when u inject. make sure you are injecting the correct one and not hs app.

5. StupidGamer1
    OP

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    ok. I will double check and report back. Thanks for replying!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Got it! Thank you so much. I am going to follow the guide to the completion of it. I had FBI placed in the wrong folder and I rechecked the guide and couldn't find it. boy don't I feel stupid (hence my handle).Have a great evening and if I run into more problems be sure to come back! (let's hope it don't come to that. I know noobs are hated here :) )

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

quick question? do I have to reinstall the stock H&S or should I just keep FBI there?

6. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    most install the fbi app (use can use title DB again for this) and then reinstall the stock hs app

7. StupidGamer1
    OP

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    thank you again!

8. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    np. enjoy your enhanced system.