need second opinion on how my sd card root is setup

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I, recently installed ProjectM and Project+ in the hopes of playing them on my modded Wii, I looked up how to do it (my Wii doesn't read discs anymore) and tried the "turn on ocarina and set hook-type to axnextframe (or something)" well... it hasn't worked, I dug a bit deeper and saw a guide saying put the folders in the root of the card (I have a 16gb sd card and a 128gb flash drive) well i did that and it wouldn't even show up (I had it in my apps folder and it showed up and took me to the launcher but didn't load the mod. After seeing more posts and videos I feel like my sd card isn't setup right, the images are of the sd cards root and apps folder. I might try deleting all project M/+ files off of it but wanted to ask before I did it, do you guys see anything wrong here?

Attachments

• EFF7F9B5-6C5F-45D9-8927-BE1B0C1BE33E.jpeg
    EFF7F9B5-6C5F-45D9-8927-BE1B0C1BE33E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 9F7D5366-0DB2-4318-9364-E1CD9A9C3678.jpeg
    9F7D5366-0DB2-4318-9364-E1CD9A9C3678.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 39

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dug a bit deeper and saw a guide saying put the folders in the root of the card (I have a 16gb sd card and a 128gb flash drive) well i did that and it wouldn't even show up (I had it in my apps folder and it showed up and took me to the launcher but didn't load the mod.
Not sure how Project M is supposed to work, but since you have its files in the apps folder, means you need to have the disc inserted and it'd patch it when you launch it through the Homebrew Channel. And you say it didn't work, and that's because your Wii doesn't read discs.
After seeing more posts and videos I feel like my sd card isn't setup right, the images are of the sd cards root and apps folder. I might try deleting all project M/+ files off of it but wanted to ask before I did it, do you guys see anything wrong here?
No. If you want redownload the Project M files then by all means, do it. But do not delete the other files. For the png files it's ok if you delete them.
You have a "private" folder inside the apps folder, that doesn't belong there i think.
And you also have a Project M folder on the root, don't it needs 2 separate directories to work. And the one that shows up on the Homebrew Channel is the one that's inside the apps folder. The other one maybe is for USBLoaderGX. There could be a discrepancy of sorts but i'm not sure.
Also, are you sure you can't just use a wbfs file instead of a disc?

Reactions: JediFallenGamer

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, SSBB is in wbfs, idk why it isn’t working I had both folders in the apps folder at one point and it still didn’t work but I’ll try again, do you know about the gameconfig file and what to do with it? And for the private folder it has something to do with projectM or ssbb because it has the same gameid here’s the images of the files: drive H= Sd drive F = usb

Attachments

• 7CAFB7E9-F902-44EF-8852-FA24115D486F.jpeg
    7CAFB7E9-F902-44EF-8852-FA24115D486F.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • FED7F78D-A2BC-4CA2-9F64-DF4EC67C899E.jpeg
    FED7F78D-A2BC-4CA2-9F64-DF4EC67C899E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • C781A8DE-C28C-4BF3-BF6A-08C9D2D63129.jpeg
    C781A8DE-C28C-4BF3-BF6A-08C9D2D63129.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how Project M is supposed to work, but since you have its files in the apps folder, means you need to have the disc inserted and it'd patch it when you launch it through the Homebrew Channel. And you say it didn't work, and that's because your Wii doesn't read discs.

No. If you want redownload the Project M files then by all means, do it. But do not delete the other files. For the png files it's ok if you delete them.
You have a "private" folder inside the apps folder, that doesn't belong there i think.
And you also have a Project M folder on the root, don't it needs 2 separate directories to work. And the one that shows up on the Homebrew Channel is the one that's inside the apps folder. The other one maybe is for USBLoaderGX. There could be a discrepancy of sorts but i'm not sure.
Also, are you sure you can't just use a wbfs file instead of a disc?
should I move the "private" folder to the root or just delete it?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I move the "private" folder to the root or just delete it?
You have one on the root, and that's the one the Wii is using currently. So if you don't remember anything about or when you've placed it there, just copy/paste on your computer and remove it from the sd card (it shouldn't take much space).

Reactions: JediFallenGamer

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, SSBB is in wbfs, idk why it isn’t working I had both folders in the apps folder at one point and it still didn’t work but I’ll try again, do you know about the gameconfig file and what to do with it? And for the private folder it has something to do with projectM or ssbb because it has the same gameid here’s the images of the files: drive H= Sd drive F = usb
Just seen this comment.. Can you check if that particular .bin file is in the private folder that's on the root, or not? Try copying merging the folders with the private folder that's on the root, maybe it'd work ?

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just seen this comment.. Can you check if that particular .bin file is in the private folder that's on the root, or not? Try copying merging the folders with the private folder that's on the root, maybe it'd work ?
the one you're asking about is in the apps folder I moved the other one off the root

Edit: read 2nd half will try

Its merged now

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have one on the root, and that's the one the Wii is using currently. So if you don't remember anything about or when you've placed it there, just copy/paste on your computer and remove it from the sd card (it shouldn't take much space).
now that I merged it do I want it on the root or the apps folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy