Need iPod Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by NeSchn, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009

Need iPod Help by NeSchn at 6:25 PM (951 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. NeSchn
    OP

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    My brothers friends iPod is fucked up. Somehow his iTunes froze when he was putting music on it and now when he puts it in his computer it shows up unrecognized, and when he tries to listen to music it comes up as zero songs even though there is 36GB of music on it.

We have looked up on message boards and the most promising thing we have found was to find the iTunesDB file and the iTunesDB.old (with a bunch of letters after old) and rename them or something like that.

The only problem is is that we can't find the iTunesDB.old thing. We have tried a program called Floola but everytime I input the fwid it says its wrong.

So is there anything else we can do or do we need to restore it? Can anyone help us?

2. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Anyone?

We needs halp

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    If you still have all the music files (pirated, wink wink) this is what you do.

First, uninstall iTunes.

Go into your My Documents (or on Vista, Documents), and then My Music. Delete the iTunes folder.

Reinstall iTunes, 8.1 (8.2 will be out in a month or so)

Hook up your iPod, and do a firmware restore. This will wipe it clean, and reinstall the firmware to factory settings. Reinstall all your music into iTunes while the firmware is downloading. I'm guessing you have a classic, since you said 36gig of music, and the classic is the only one to hold that much (Touch and Nano max out at 32, and Shuffle is 1 and 2 gig), the download for the firmware shouldn't take that long if your on broadband.

If it screws up agian, hope your in your 1 year warranty... take it to an apple store, and tell them it won't start up, or sync, and they'll hand you a new one.

4. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Seems kinda confusing. I'll let him know though. Thanks

5. Hopawarty

Banned Hopawarty Banned

Australia
    Its already out, for dev's like me [​IMG]
    Same with iPhone OS 3.0 beta

iTunes 8.2 supports blu-ray [​IMG]

6. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If its not too late, there is a free program called 'yamipod' that has a restore option in their menu. I personally haven't tried recovering anything from my 5th generation ipod but you can give it a shot.
    Good luck.

7. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Yeah, nothing seems to be working. I guess I just have to give him the bad news.

8. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Try deleting the sysinfo file in X:\iPod_Control\Device (X being the iPod). This has happened to me before, my music would not show up on my ipod, but deleting that works. the ipod generates a new one.