Hacking Need helping finding a good Flashcard!

perot57

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I know im totally noob at this, but I'm trying to get my girlfriend a flash card for her NDS for xmas but the problem is i have no idea where to start. I've started a very basic search and what I've found that most interest me are the M3DS real perfect and the ds-xtreme 4G.

Basically I'm looking for something that is very easy to use, can hold a good amount of games, and is worth what I'm paying. The two choices above arnt my final decisions its just the only thing I could find and sort of understand. If you guys could lend any advice I'd really appreciate it!

thanks guys!

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you should get a R4DS. It is relatively cheap, and it uses a MicroSD card, which means you can have virtually unlimited space... 1gb, 2gb, etc. It's also the most popular and pretty easy to use.

Don't get the DS-xtreme... it sucks. The space is built in and the 4G is only 512mb, and I think the game/homebrew compatibility is bad?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should probably get the R4. Cheap and efficient, and the "technical support" available is decent due to the amount of people with one on this forum and others

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really depends how much you want to spend. There are quite a few good flashcarts nowadays.

R4DS
CycloDS Evolution
M3 DS Real
Acekard R.P.G.
etc.

R4DS is an older card but it's the most popular card at the moment, mainly cause it's very very easy to use. CycloDS is like an upgrade to the R4 and there aren't that many differences with the exception of SDHC support, it also costs a little more. M3DS Real is another good flash cart, it's fairly new and also supports SDHC but has some homebrew "issues". Acekard RPG is kind of an iffy choice, it has a lot of features, SDHC support, built in memory and a plethora of features but the thing is very pricey.

perot57

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys so much, I think i'll go with the R4 sounds like the best, are there any updates for it that I should know about or be prepared to fix once i get it in the mail?

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, you have to put the firmware downloaded from r4ds.com onto your micro sd card, and that should be all you need to play games/homebrew for the ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7