NEED HELP!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Undiscovered.Lin, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011

NEED HELP! by Undiscovered.Lin at 9:36 AM (622 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I wanted to know if an AceKard 2i from here http://www.nds-gear.com/dsi-3ds-cards/acekard-2i with a 4GB SD Card would be good enough. If I do get this does the Software included (If any work on the 3DS) and if not which software do I need I would prefer Akaio... [​IMG]
    At the minute I own a modded original silver DS and an R4, I need a change but is this good enough?

2. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
  3. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    You see, chances are the Acekards firmware won't be updated to the most recent for it to work on the 3DS, so what you're going to have to do is download the firmware patch in the post above and put it on the root of the micro SD card, then run the Acekard on your DS and launch the firmware patch. Once that's done, then I recommend you reformat your SD card and then put AKAIO 1.8.8, which was also provided in the link above. (If you find that the micro SD card has nothing on it when you go to put the firmware patch on, then put AKAIO on there first along with the patch) It's very simple and should only take 5-10 minutes to finish up the whole thing. Once you're done you can put the flashcard in your 3DS and I believe a Dorasu icon will come up, don't be alarmed because that's what it's supposed to do.

EDIT: Oh and NEVER update your 3DS before your Acekard, just wait until a patch is released on the Acekard website (which usually only takes a day or 2)

EDIT2: Wait a minute...I think both me and Snailface are having a little trouble understanding your post. Are you getting a 3DS? Do you have one already? Or are you just using the card only on your DS?