ROM Hack Need help with X/Y text

Thân Lê Thái

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi GBATemp, i'm planning to translate Pokemon X/Y into Vietnamese (my native language). I managed to decrypt and rebuild the rom, and do some test translated text too, but all i get is a bunch of ??? characters. Does it mean that i need to add/modify the game's font? If yes then can you tell me how to do it? I'd appreciate also if you guys have other ways to insert the text, cause i'm noob at this font thingy. Thanks for reading!

frenk99999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
3 questions:
-Are you using pk3ds to edit files?
-Are you trying to put weird characters in the text?
-What is the reigon of the ROM? (EUR/US/JPN etc...)

Last edited by frenk99999,

Thân Lê Thái

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm given a folder with 3 .bin files and a subfolder with more .bin file inside.
I have no idea how to open it, and i'm sure they are more than 4 fonts as in the list.

Last edited by Thân Lê Thái,

Thân Lê Thái

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already tried insert text normally but the game won't display them. Example how some Vietnamese letters look:
jrxhqvcpy7_Viet.jpg

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already tried insert text normally but the game won't display them. Example how some Vietnamese letters look:
jrxhqvcpy7_Viet.jpg
Ah I see, yeah those characters aren't supported... Well I don't have any expirience but they probably don't map right (meaning they are in the font but the game doesn't know where to load the character from or something IDK.)

Thân Lê Thái

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would you tell me how can i convert a window font to .bcfnt? And can i simply replace the font files and the game will display them? Or i need something more complex?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica