Need Help With USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Lexar32GB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Lexar32GB
    OP

Lexar32GB Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Canada
    Hello. First of all, I followed this guide on how to homebrew your Wii.
    I have been trying to use USB loader GX to backup my games to a Lexar 32GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive (one of these).
    I have formatted my drive with FAT32 and created a folder on it called wbfs (I have tried with and without a folder). Every time I open USB Loader GX, it tells me that it could not find a partition and I need to format one or select one. If I choose to format, it will come up with 2 partitions; Partition 2 Unknown: 811.57 GB Partition 2 Unused: 0 GB. If I format one or the other, it will format it then say that it failed to open the partition. If I select one of the partitions, it will return me to the Wii menu and just say the same thing once I go back to USB Loader GX.
    Onto a new drive....

This one is a Lexar 8GB USB 2.0 drive formatted with FAT 32. I tried to copy Wii Sports on it, but it got stuck at 100%. I can still move the cursor around but any button presses won't do anything. I have to unplug the power cable from the Wii. I also tried DDR HP2 and that also got stuck at 100%
    The files inside this drive are now:
    2016-03-29 15_16_33-SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION [RSPE01].png 2016-03-29 15_14_58-DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 [RD4EA4].png

I did a system check with DOP-Mii
    Here it is:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Lexar32GB, Mar 29, 2016
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    There is an official thread here with a FAQ and troubleshooting in the opening post.

If you're still having trouble after reading it and making sure you're using the latest version (r1260) and have a current SysCheck report post there.

Flash memory drives are not that reliable for Wii storage. GX will not be able to launch games that are labeled *.wbfs.tmp. They're incomplete.

3. Lexar32GB
    OP

Lexar32GB Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Canada
    I have updated it and I am now at r1260. I am now getting an error: Failed to connect to the USB device.
    Here is SysCheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!