Need Help With USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Lexar32GB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Lexar32GB
    OP

Lexar32GB Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Canada
    Hello. First of all, I followed this guide on how to homebrew your Wii.
    I have been trying to use USB loader GX to backup my games to a Lexar 32GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive (one of these).
    I have formatted my drive with FAT32 and created a folder on it called wbfs (I have tried with and without a folder). Every time I open USB Loader GX, it tells me that it could not find a partition and I need to format one or select one. If I choose to format, it will come up with 2 partitions; Partition 2 Unknown: 811.57 GB Partition 2 Unused: 0 GB. If I format one or the other, it will format it then say that it failed to open the partition. If I select one of the partitions, it will return me to the Wii menu and just say the same thing once I go back to USB Loader GX.
    Onto a new drive....

This one is a Lexar 8GB USB 2.0 drive formatted with FAT 32. I tried to copy Wii Sports on it, but it got stuck at 100%. I can still move the cursor around but any button presses won't do anything. I have to unplug the power cable from the Wii. I also tried DDR HP2 and that also got stuck at 100%
    The files inside this drive are now:
    2016-03-29 15_16_33-SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION [RSPE01].png 2016-03-29 15_14_58-DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 [RD4EA4].png

I did a system check with DOP-Mii
    Here it is:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Lexar32GB, Mar 29, 2016
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    There is an official thread here with a FAQ and troubleshooting in the opening post.

If you're still having trouble after reading it and making sure you're using the latest version (r1260) and have a current SysCheck report post there.

Flash memory drives are not that reliable for Wii storage. GX will not be able to launch games that are labeled *.wbfs.tmp. They're incomplete.

3. Lexar32GB
    OP

Lexar32GB Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    Canada
    I have updated it and I am now at r1260. I am now getting an error: Failed to connect to the USB device.
    Here is SysCheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice