Need help with updating firmware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HopOnRocks, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. HopOnRocks

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

May 19, 2006
    Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been around... I wanna get back into my Wii again but I have some questions about 3.4
    Awhile back when 3.4 came out I was afraid of updating because the change in the TOS. So I didn't update, which meant I couldn't go online to play Animal Crossing. So as of now I am at 3.3 (Not sure which rev) but I do not have a working Shop Channel.
    Now I saw a link long ago on how to update your wii to get the shop channel, without having 3.4. At the time this didn't work because my DLink router would always drop right in the middle because I am using Wireless. I have no way to go wired on the Wii.

So my question is, is there anyway now for me to upgrade to 3.4, have everything working (Shop, Internet...) and still be able to play online just fine? I never did hear the true downside to 3.4. People always said don't upgrade. I have a wiikey that is updated fine, so it's not like I have a softmodded system. I do have some wads on here that I would like to keep.
    Has there been a workaround the Twilight Princess hack on 3.4 yet? I already have the HBC channel installed. That doesn't disappear with the update does it?

I know I can search through the forums for some answers, but I figured I had so many questions it might be easier for someone to explain what has happened over 3 months or so.