Need help with semi-brick while trying a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tech3475, Mar 13, 2016.

1. tech3475
    OP

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    I decided to try a9lh, unfortunately, at one point I ****ed up the names of my nands and I accidentally flashed to sysnand the 2.x emunand I used to downgrade using arm9loaderhax.

So now when I boot I am able to get cakes up and boot to a 9.2 emunand but not sysnand (black screen).

Besides a hardmod, is there a software based solution which will allow me to restore my sysnand?

Thank you.

2. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    I believe the newest version of OTPHelper allows you to flash your emuNAND into sysNAND, you should try that.

tech3475 likes this.
  3. Plailect

Plailect GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Use Decrypt9 to restore your SysNAND from a pre-a9lhax 9.2 backup, then redo Part 5.

tech3475 likes this.
  4. Zyrmkel

Zyrmkel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 27, 2016
    United States
    Do you still have your 9.2 sysnand dump?
    If so you can run decrypt9 from a9lh and reflash that dump

EDIT: ninja'd

tech3475 likes this.
  5. Omegapsy

Omegapsy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2012
    United States
    So if I understand this correctly, you accidentally flashed your 2.1 emunand to your sysnand using A9LH, and now your sysnand will not boot but you can access the emunand, correct?

If what I am thinking happened happened, A9LH Installed itself when it flashed the new firmware bin file to sysnand and then proceeded to try and boot. If A9LH is still functional, just put the Decrypt9 A9LH bin file on your SD (preferably with your other payloads) and set a boot option for it in your ControlBoot9 config file. Boot into Decrypt9 and restore the right sysnand backup (preferably one that you took AFTER you installed A9LH) If you don't have a backup after you installed A9LH but one before, you should be able to reinstall A9LH to your system again. However, I could be wrong on that last part if someone else knows better information please feel free to chime in.

EDIT so it seems others replied to this as I typed it.

Last edited by Omegapsy, Mar 13, 2016
    tech3475 likes this.
  6. tech3475
    OP

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Thanks, I managed to fix it using decrypt9.