Hacking Need help with PSTV

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i just bought a PSTV it's on FW 3.20 i bought this mainly for playing my vita games on big screen and for the remote play with the PS4.

My questions are:

-can u use remote play without updating PSTV?
-can i use whitelist hack on 3.20 and then update to 3.57 will the whitelist hack still be there? forever?
-is there any reason i shouldn't update psTV

I'm completely new to this PSTV stuff so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by IpsoFact0,
D

Deleted User

-can u use remote play without updating PSTV?
-can i use whitelist hack on 3.20 and then update to 3.57 will the whitelist hack still be there? forever?
-is there any reason i should't update psTV
- unfortunately, nope.
- I'm hearing rumors that the whitelist hack will still be there even if you update to latest FW. I haven't tried it out myself...
- 3.57 destroys your chance of TN-X, TN-V, ARK, Rejuvenate for Unity, mail exploit, etc. etc... I wouldn't recommend updating if you're interested in PSP-side hacking and a bit of native PSTV hacking thrown in there too, but if you have games that require a higher firmware version, or if you desperately want to access PSN from your PSTV, then go ahead and update.

Reactions: cvskid

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- unfortunately, nope.
- I'm hearing rumors that the whitelist hack will still be there even if you update to latest FW. I haven't tried it out myself...
- 3.57 destroys your chance of TN-X, TN-V, ARK, Rejuvenate for Unity, mail exploit, etc. etc... I wouldn't recommend updating if you're interested in PSP-side hacking and a bit of native PSTV hacking thrown in there too, but if you have games that require a higher firmware version, or if you desperately want to access PSN from your PSTV, then go ahead and update.
I don't care about PSP hacking i have a PSPGO hooked up to my TV for that. All i want out of this thing is to play the most vita games possible and use remote play.

There isint alot of clear information on this this tho, i need proof the whitelist will stay on 3.57!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me out here? i want to be able to use remote play and keep the whitelist
I really, really recommend that you don't update the pstv incase actual psvita mode hacks come along but if you feel like you must then this link should tell you all that you need to know. The whitelist hack is not guaranteed to work on any firmware higher then 3.57 when another firmware update comes out.

http://hackinformer.com/2016/01/26/playstation-tv-and-white-list-hack-still-work-on-fw-3-57/

You could always buy another pstv since they are cheap now and update that for remote play use while you keep the one you have now on the lower firmware for the whitelist hack.

Last edited by cvskid,
D

Deleted User

can someone help me out here? i want to be able to use remote play and keep the whitelist
What was wrong with my answer? It was perfectly fine; if you want remote play, don't care about PSP hacking, and just want to play your Vita games, then apply the whitelist patch and update! :/

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
To clear all doubts around here:

The whitelist patch is applied in 2 ways:

Either by replacing the file "list_launch_vita.dat" with an "empty" one, thus clearing the list, or;
Modifying the app.db file to have the SQL triggers needed so that when you install a new game/application, it gets automatically patched to run on the PSTV and ignore the database block (this applies mostly to most recent games).

Both of these methods are not affected by memory card formats or swaps. Because these 2 files, the DAT and the DB file, are stored in the internal NAND memory of the PSTV/Vita.

So, the only way to lose the whitelist patch, is by either:
- A full system restore/format or;
- the app.db gets corrupted and re-creates itself (this happened to me once).

If this last one happens, you lose the triggers, and if you update the Firmware and lose the email exploit, you won't have access to the app.db again to patch the triggers, hence, you lose the whitelist DB method patch.

As far it goes to the DAT method, I think the only way to lose that one, is by a system restore/format. But then again, most newer games have the check in the DB, so this is a deprecated method...

AND REMEMBER: you cannot backup Firmware in the PSTV or Vita. You cannot downgrade! Once you go up, and lose some of the hacking capabilities, you can't go down and get back what you had!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: