1. melan

OP melan Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey all,

I bought a used Wii and I have a couple small problems I'm hoping to get fixed.

So I got the Wii and during my initial routine check to make sure everything worked I noticed that it's got some old hacks installed:
    1. When I try to load a GameCube game it goes into a screen that says BACKUP LAUNCHER 0.2 with text underneath saying "Failed to read DVD 263" and "Error 0x53100 ready." - The screen sits here for 5 seconds, flashes green for 5 seconds, and then loads the GameCube game. This is annoying and I'd like to remove this mod or re-write it with a newer mod if possible
    2. I noticed that the current version installed is Wii System Update 4.1. I went to the System Settings and installed the latest version from Nintendo, but the Wii System Update still says 4.1. Is this correct? Do I need to use something such as DopMii to upgrade to 4.3?

From what I gather, modding my Wii with a newer mod such as ModMii might potentially solve this issue, but I wanted to ask on here before I did so, so that I don't make the situation worse. What do you guys recommend? Should I update to version 4.3 first using something such as DopMii and then use ModMii to overwrite the old hacks?

Edit: J35A6 is a godsend and helped me out in the WiiHacks Discord channel. It took all evening but he got everything working!

Thanks in advance,
    Melan

Last edited by melan, Aug 26, 2020
    jeannotte likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modded,