Hacking Need Help with Modded Wii

melan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I bought a used Wii and I have a couple small problems I'm hoping to get fixed.

So I got the Wii and during my initial routine check to make sure everything worked I noticed that it's got some old hacks installed:
  1. When I try to load a GameCube game it goes into a screen that says BACKUP LAUNCHER 0.2 with text underneath saying "Failed to read DVD 263" and "Error 0x53100 ready." - The screen sits here for 5 seconds, flashes green for 5 seconds, and then loads the GameCube game. This is annoying and I'd like to remove this mod or re-write it with a newer mod if possible
  2. I noticed that the current version installed is Wii System Update 4.1. I went to the System Settings and installed the latest version from Nintendo, but the Wii System Update still says 4.1. Is this correct? Do I need to use something such as DopMii to upgrade to 4.3?

From what I gather, modding my Wii with a newer mod such as ModMii might potentially solve this issue, but I wanted to ask on here before I did so, so that I don't make the situation worse. What do you guys recommend? Should I update to version 4.3 first using something such as DopMii and then use ModMii to overwrite the old hacks?

Edit: J35A6 is a godsend and helped me out in the WiiHacks Discord channel. It took all evening but he got everything working!

Thanks in advance,
Melan

Last edited by melan,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg