NEED HELP WITH GREYHOUND!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Centrix, Dec 19, 2011.

Dec 19, 2011

NEED HELP WITH GREYHOUND! by Centrix at 11:44 PM (1,379 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    She doesn't have Photo ID which is dumb that they won't take her birth certificate its still a form of ID she also knows her SSI number can some help please help? has any one else been in this delemia? we really need her on the bus she cannot go home!

2. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    What is this?..

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    Im guessing greyhound bus transport
    does she have a school id?, ive gotten away with using that a few times

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Really, she has no photo id?

No driver's license, school id, any id from a club/organization, etc.? There has to be something.

5. Helpful Corn

Member Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've traveled greyhound all over without any ID. Most times they don't bother to check it, if they do tell them you're traveling and you lost it. I've been told that you can sign some sort of waiver and go through some extra screening, but I can't find anything on the web to support that. Greyhound employees fiercely compete amongst themselves for the title of "worst customer service". Make some phone calls to greyhound corporate to get there official policy on the matter, iirc by law you can travel by plane train or bus without I.D. with some extra screening and signing of documents and whatnot.

6. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    You'll be surprised how many people don't have any ID at all in the States.

7. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Buy her ticket for her. When you board the bus they only care that you hold the ticket.If all else fails buy the ticket for her online.Seems there would have to be a reason for not selling a ticket like maybe proof of age so they know you are not transporting minors across state lines or something.

8. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    Most states' DMV's allow you to get a State ID card (I do this because I can't drive). It rarely costs more than $15, and she will need it more and more as she gets older. It usually requires 2-3 forms of existing ID and a proof of address (name on a bill, or affidavit/presence of parent/guardian).
    If she has an "original copy" of her birth certificate (it would usually have the seal of the county clerk stamped in it-- original birth certificates are kept by the state), SSN card (if she doesn't actually have the SSN card she can have it reissued from the Social Security Administration locally, I had to do that to get my Texas ID due to losing the original) and if she's a minor, the authorization of her parent(s) then she has all she needs.

In some states, regular ID cards don't even expire like drivers' licenses do because they don't authorize you to do anything. Except for use interstate transportation it seems.

The last time I traveled across state lines without a real ID was 2002. If you're living in a metropolitan area you will pretty much always be asked for ID unless you're clearly traveling with a parent. Although supposedly the law doesn't require this, inspection authorities can cause you to miss your travel arrangements if you put up a fight.

Your only alternative is a good excuse or lying well as someone else said, but that didn't help me when I lost my greyhound ticket to seattle in 2002 at a stop in Sacramento. I was forced to buy another pair of tickets to finish my journey because I was travelling with a friend.
    Unless you're a skilled liar, or very lucky, everyone in charge seems to be hardasses, especially if they know you have no alternative to obedience because you miss your bus regardless.

also, if you buy the ticket online, photo ID (or a password, but the first time i bought one online I didn't know the password is optional and they asked for my ID to confirm anyway) is required, if the purchase isn't made with the travelling individual's own credit/debit card. it also costs $15 more, which you could have spent on getting her a photo ID.