Need help with choosing a new flashcard

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Starzboy77, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009
  1. Starzboy77
    OP

Member Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know these topics have been done to death but I am upgrading from my lite to a DSI and currently have a CycloDS which is not compatible with the DSI.

I have done all kinds of research and it appears the M3I Zero and the Acekard 2i are the best DSI flashcards at this time. Question is, which one to get? RTS is kind of a big deal with me, do you think Akaro will add this to 1.5? Please provide as much input as possible on what avenue I should go. I can live without RTS, but it would be nice to have. Game compatibility, ease, GUI, and speed are most important to me.

Thanks and mods please allow this topic! I don't know where else to go to ask!

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I just got my M3i Zero today and let me tell you it is good good good, but you should read and search for reviews about both before buying of course, although I don't think you can regret with any of both..!! [​IMG]

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    AKAIO will never support rts until the official team adds it.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    dont forget you need another DS (regular DS or DSL) to update the acekard if nintendo releases another update to block all flashcarts, if you know people who will let you borrow it for like a few mins then should have no problem

M3i just updates with the included usb power cable

5. Starzboy77
    OP

Member Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a lite so I am okay with the Acekard 2i situation. Question is which one is better!? Ahh, need to choose soon too! I have read reviews of both and it seems Acekard 2i with Akaio is faster and has a very nice GUI but lacks RTS. M3I has RTS and also gets good reviews! I have heard more good things about Acekard 2i though so I am just at a loss.

Posts merged

I have a lite so I am okay with the Acekard 2i situation. Question is which one is better!? Ahh, need to choose soon too! I have read reviews of both and it seems Acekard 2i with Akaio is faster and has a very nice GUI but lacks RTS. M3I has RTS and also gets good reviews! I have heard more good things about Acekard 2i though so I am just at a loss.

6. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    All I can say is Acekard 2i,I have it and it works on every game Ive played,even works great on Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story but so does the other,its just me and all my other friends have it.
    And this may just be me,I feel RTS is for cheaters =/ I would use it all the time if I had it though and keep starting from were im currently losing a fight,its a little good that I don't have it. rofl

CONCLUSION: Which ever you want,I got Acekard because I trust it and so do my friends.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well I got the M3 Real because of the great GBA support (but that doesnt really apply for the DSi)
    but when they added sakura and RTS it became a first class card next to the cyclods

just needs in game txt reader
    RTS is great, used it all the time in professor layton

8. dragonmagician

Newcomer dragonmagician Newbie

Canada
    I'm going to hijack this thread for a quick question as I don't want to create another thread.

If I only have a DS lite, is there any difference in M3 Real and M3i Zero? Thanks.

9. Matt140

Member Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nope.

10. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    don't post in the m3 section unless you want your answers to be biased towards M3

11. Whipple

Member Whipple GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you only have a DS Lite the functionality of both carts are similar. However they are different products and there is a price difference.

If you only have a DS Lite and have no plans to upgrade in the forseeable future, then the M3 Real, with its' lower price would be your obvious choice.

However, if you can see yourself upgrading to a DSi then you may want to consider spending a little more for the additional capabilities of the M3i Zero. The ability to upgrade the firmware via USB is another plus that ensures cpmpatibility moving forward.

It really is your call, but think about spending a little more now compared to having to purchase a new chip in the future.

12. crono999

Newcomer crono999 Member

Its more brands choose(well for me), used M3 from beginning and still use it now.
    Never tough about Acekard2i tough, I doubted between m3 and Cyclops evolution, as for dsi, I never tough about it, I just did buy m3zero instant.

13. Jabodie

Newcomer Jabodie Advanced Member

United States
    Can somebody tell me what RTS stands for?

14. extrafuzzyllama

Newcomer extrafuzzyllama Member

United States
    Real Time Save

15. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    which means you can save at any time, anywhere during a DS game and reload it at any given time as well

ex. pokemon battle
    you are on the rope

you use RTS to save your game during the battle
    use a move to find out it had no effect and their pokemon kills yours

with RTS you can just reload where you first saved during the battle and try out a different move/ switch out a pokemon etc...

this is only one example where it would be usefull, lots of others...