Hacking Need help with brick

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I modded my friend's Wii with a chip a long time ago, probably when they first came out, with I believe a wiikey. He since updated to 4.2 and wanted to go back to 3.2. Before I did the downgrade, I installed bootmii to boot2 and backed up the nand to the sd card which was successful. After doing the downgrade, I tried updating to the homebrewable 4.0 and it failed. I restored the nand and got it booting again, downgraded, tried to update to 4.0 again and it failed again. Seeing that the update wasn't going to work at all, I did the nand restore again but when I went to reboot, it just shows blank screen. I tried to do the nand restore again, however all but 3 of the blocks are grey and doing the restore on the 3 green blocks does nothing. It still boots to bootmii, however I cannot launch the HBC or the Wii system menu. What are my options at this point? I tried cloning my Wii using betwiin, but it fails during the clone saying filesize not divisible by 2112.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! This is what I found for cboot2 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199 Is that what I need? It says its formatted for pal but I'm NTSC. I've been googling for the last 2 days about what to do. I don't mind wiping everything on it and starting over so if you guys could hook me up with some links I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: After looking through cboot2, I don't know if this will work. You have to run it on the Wii correct? I cannot get to the health menu or the system, it just goes to a black screen. The only thing working right now is bootmii on boot2.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what to do with cboot2. I can't load it from hbc so I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get a already compiled version cboot2wadmanagerGC(google it)

put cboot2 bootmii files on sd card and boot.dol on root of sd card wad manager GC mod or dop-mii and put sd card in wii

the wii will boot to whatever boot.dol file you put on the root of sd card(if you have as boot2)

install needed stuff power down remove sd card and turn on wii hopefully it will boot if it boots launch bootmii and make a backup

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AceMilo said:
I have no idea what to do with cboot2. I can't load it from hbc so I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.
You need BootMii/boot2. It's installed as a replacement to the BootMii menu

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
get a already compiled version cboot2wadmanagerGC(google it)

put cboot2 bootmii files on sd card and boot.dol on root of sd card wad manager GC mod or dop-mii and put sd card in wii

the wii will boot to whatever boot.dol file you put on the root of sd card(if you have as boot2)

install needed stuff power down remove sd card and turn on wii hopefully it will boot if it boots launch bootmii and make a backup

I can't seem to find a compiled cboot2. Everything I find the links are dead. Would you happen to know where I could find it?

EDIT: I tried running it on my wii to get the files, but it fails. It says something along the lines of http fails tik check. Any idea why?

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok progress. I got it to boot off cboot2, I put the dol for dop-mii in the root of the sd card, and i get the following:

IOS Version 36 v16 0xblah blah
Failback IOS loaded
sdio_Startup() rv = 0
fat_driver: disk init failed
Init FAT driver failed.
Failed to load boot.dol from front SD card reader.

What did I do wrong and what do i do next?

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 2 different sd cards, formatted fat16 and fat32 in mac and windows, I always get the same error

IOS Version 36 v16 0xblah blah
Failback IOS loaded
sdio_Startup() rv = 0
fat_driver: disk init failed
Init FAT driver failed.
Failed to load boot.dol from front SD card reader.

I feel like I'm so close but it just doesn't want to work. I appreciate all the help, just need a little more.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress. I was able to use comex formatter to get the health and safety screen back, but it still says the system files are corrupted. What do I do next?

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the official nintendo backup disc, as well as the universal unbrick disc and neither loads. What's weird is I tried them in my wii and neither loads either; the official one will go to a black screen but never shows a menu. I don't know what else to do. It's telling me the system menu is 4.1U, what can I do next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay