Need help with a java applet

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by DarkSpace, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009
  1. DarkSpace
    OP

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    Hi GbaTemp community,

I'm not very competent at Java, still just a beginner. Basically here's the project I have to do.
    Create a Java Applet. Ask the user to guess a number between 1 and 100. You set the range of numbers to correspond with the five scenes and at random generate a picture to be displayed. Make sure there are directions for the user.

That's ,my project. I already have the five pictures, and it needs to be done in JCreator. I really could use some help. What i do know is that it requires a random number generator. I tried to come up with a good idea, such as creating a textfield where people can put in the number they guess. Than using random number generator a random image would show up. I need some help with making this.

2. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    I'll try to write you the code later today but one thing I wanted to ask: why are you using JCreator? Netbeans is much better.

3. DarkSpace
    OP

United States
    That's the program we use in the school. It's still high schoo, so the only compiler they have is JCreator.
    Thank you.

4. playallday

Canada
    I don't really get what your trying to say. Could you say it again in different words?

5. DarkSpace
    OP

United States
    Basically, I'm in a programming class, and the first post was the assignment. I'm in a high school where the administration only give the students access to JCreator. They don't give us access to Netbeans.

Also thank you for your help.

6. playallday

Canada
    Sorry, I meant like what's your program needed to do. Don't get what your saying in your first post.

7. DarkSpace
    OP

United States
    They just explained it to me, whenever someone inputs any number between 1-100 a image will show up out of 5 possible gif images we created earlier. I'm not really sure how to do that though.