Hacking Need help, weird problem with Sysnand/Emunand unlinked

blaaah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I reformatted Emunand and then in Step 3 Injected Sysnand into Emunand then my step 4 was install Reirop and so on, so I had an extra step that was in step 3 that got removed later. I don't know what was the original purpose of this step.

Just curious why are you interested in this? You don't have to do it anyway, or is there any benefit to injecting the Sysnand into the Emunand? All it did for me was link them permanently, Installed CIAs on Sysnand and bricked my system every time I tried to update.

Thanks! If you injected after formatting, then it's pretty obvious your NANDs just became linked again and the strange behavior you described in your first post is very much expected.

Injecting a sysNAND backup into emuNAND is a good way to relink them if you wanted to do that, I guess. Also, I don't think the relink was permanent (e.g., if you formatted your sysNAND afterward, they would become unlinked again). I'm just trying to understand this whole emuNAND/sysNAND thing a little bit better. There are plenty of guides floating about this website, but many are just a list of steps: all "how," no "why." I think understanding "why" is important and situations like yours help others do so. TBH, when I read over the first version usernametaken's guide I was confused about that step, too.

Last edited by blaaah,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I completely agree, I want to learn how things work but it's really hard using guides. The reason I constantly fuck up it's because Im always trying to figure out how things work. Most people on this board are really helpful even tough its embarrasing making a thread everytime you get stuck :P

Btw when I injected the sysnand I did the sysnand reformat and it didnt unlink. Thats why I said it was permanent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer