Hacking Need help running certain games on Luma 3DS

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
. . . puzzling . . . i seem to be out of insight
Same here.

I followed your instructions and it is still crashing. Perhaps more curiously, Xenoblade chronicles 3DS (a new 3ds exclusive) was working perfectly before this.
Try restoring your downloads for the games that don't work. Check your SD card.

When you installed A9LH, did you restore your NAND backup at the end, or did you perform a ctrtransfer to 9.2?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here.

Try restoring your downloads for the games that don't work. Check your SD card.

When you installed A9LH, did you restore your NAND backup at the end, or did you perform a ctrtransfer to 9.2?
the only thing i can think is his fw is somehow incomplete . . . was/is there an app he could use to verify the fw . . . also wondering/(debating with myself) if a ctr transfer to 9.2 and then an update would help

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the only thing i can think is his fw is somehow incomplete . . . was/is there an app he could use to verify the fw . . . also wondering/(debating with myself) if a ctr transfer to 9.2 and then an update would help
Yeah, I think a frakenfirmware is a possible explanation as well.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I am running synand in that case... Sorry. I followed the guide to a T, but I am really not very good at understanding the terminology and whatnot. I realise how unhelpful that is. But i followed it extremely recently which must mean I'm running the latest version of whatever is available, right?
(sorry if this has been said before)

If you followed the guide correctly. Open the settings menu, if you see the "SYS" 11.2.0-35 like that next to firmware you done it correctly, if you See anything else then you need to do some fixing.
  • Sys = You are running Luma on SYSNAND with A9LH
  • EMU = You are running Luma on Emunand
  • Nothing = You have no CFW at all :P
The guide should have instructed you to check this information when required step by step to verify that you are using CFW.

GrandSnorlax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If you followed the guide correctly. Open the settings menu, if you see the "SYS" 11.2.0-35 like that next to firmware you done it correctly, if you See anything else then you need to do some fixing.
The guide should have instructed you to check this information when required step by step to verify that you are using CFW.

Sorry for the late reply boys. I'm just coming home from work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will check this out immediately

GrandSnorlax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It says sys 11.2.35! :)

Hello everybody! I just wanted to post this, I actually managed to figure out what the problem was!

After entering Luma3ds config, i realised that I had to check the box for region/ language emulation and external code!

This had been preventing more recent foreign titles from functioning correctly with my Japanese firmware.

Thank you to everybody for your hard work trying to fix this with me. I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says sys 11.2.35! :)

Hello everybody! I just wanted to post this, I actually managed to figure out what the problem was!

After entering Luma3ds config, i realised that I had to check the box for region/ language emulation and external code!

This had been preventing more recent foreign titles from functioning correctly with my Japanese firmware.

Thank you to everybody for your hard work trying to fix this with me. I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!
I could have suggested that but i didn't read this until late, also i never had problems with that, but i never had that active either so i dunno. Besides i don't usually play games that is out of region besides demos or "Definatly need" games like JAP Super C cause of the 30 lives code instead of 10 in the international games, or the Castlevania 3 VRC6 Enhanced music. :P

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could not read through every post, but there is an english translated of the Japanese version of fire emblem fates on that iso site. I would snag that for starters. One it's better subtitled and two the petting mini game is still there. I do not know about MM but Bravely and SMM might need something else to run in another language. I remember having to run something like HANs to play Hyrule Warriors in english even though it was an all regions version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk