Hacking Need Help Restoring Backup / Help Unbricking Switch

DaikuroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My switch is stuck on nintendo logo and no longer boots but charges. This happened while playing Megaman on Atmosphere 8.1.0, prior to being bricked, i made a backup using REINX on a lower firmware version. My question is, Can i used that lower firmware backup to RESTORE/UNBRICK my switch? What steps should i do and follow? Hope someone can help me out.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is stuck on nintendo logo and no longer boots but charges. This happened while playing Megaman on Atmosphere 8.1.0, prior to being bricked, i made a backup using REINX on a lower firmware version. My question is, Can i used that lower firmware backup to RESTORE/UNBRICK my switch? What steps should i do and follow? Hope someone can help me out.
Yes, you can restore an old NAND backup, even if it's a lower system version. You also need to restore the BOOT0/1 backups that comport with the system version the NAND backup was on.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have boot1, boot0 and rawnand.bin.00 to 07
Then yes, you can restore this backup. Your system will refuse to boot without a custom bootloader like fusee-primary or Hekate due to a fuse mismatch, but you can update your system after you restore the old backup.

Reactions: DaikuroX

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, you can restore the backup, but you will need to boot through rcm untill you update back to your current fw.
If you want to be extra safe, do another backup now.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

DaikuroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, you can restore the backup, but you will need to boot through rcm untill you update back to your current fw.
If you want to be extra safe, do another backup now.
My switch is already bricked and not booting, can i still do a backup? btw its already in 8.1.0 while my backup file came from an earlier fw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do a backup now and try it. Otherwise this is an incomplete backup.
My switch is bricked, i can't get past the Nintendo Logo :(

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
My switch is already bricked and not booting, can i still do a backup? btw its already in 8.1.0 while my backup file came from an earlier fw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My switch is bricked, i can't get past the Nintendo Logo :(
You can always boot payloads. So do a backup via hekate (idk how you did it on reinx, but always do a backup via hekate and never when in os).
Save this backup somewhere safe and once you are done with it, restore the old backup and try if it boots (you have to boot through rcm). If it won't work, you can restore this nonfunctional backup, but at least you wont have a franken fw.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: DaikuroX

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No

No, just playing Megaman on Atmosphere 8.1.0 then it hanged, flash the atmosphere error and then no longer boots
Maybe run Check Disk to make sure the SD card is not corrupted (if one of the Atmosphere or Hekate files got corrupted it might be enough for it not to boot)
To run a thorough scan run this in command prompt: chkdsk X: /F /R (where X: is your SD card) otherwise only a quick scan is performed.
After that overwrite the Hekate and Atmosphere files with fresh ones from the release archives (and get the sig patches again too just for good measure)

Have you tried booting OFW?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1