need help putting the ysmenu on my r4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bluphantom, Jun 25, 2010.

Jun 25, 2010
  1. bluphantom
    OP

Newcomer bluphantom Newbie

United States
    ok i have looked all around around the internet downloaded many different files for both clone and original neither worked went through many different tutorials none helped im unsure of what type of r4 i have and how would i be able to put either wood or ysmenu on it can anyone point me in the right direction the box i revieved the r4 in says its an r43(or iii) and the sticker on it says

R4
    upgrade
    revolution for DS
    (NDSL/NDS)

help would be very much appreciated

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You have a clone, thus WoodR4 won't work with it...(just remember that anything that says more than "R4 Revolution for DS" will most likely be a clone)
    As for ysmenu, this guide says to setup ysmenu almost per usual and just leave the _R4_III.dat...(and also just rename the ysmenu.nds rather than encrypting it when you replace the _DS_MENU.DAT)
    ...and maybe work on your punctuation...it stumped me for all of a couple seconds and completely lost me (meaning I had to reread it once or twice).

3. bluphantom
    OP

Newcomer bluphantom Newbie

United States
    thank you and sorry i was in a rush when i was typing it, also what should i rename the ysmenu.nds file as?

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    just rename the ysmenu.nds to _DS_MENU.DAT (make sure it is DLDI patched though).