Need help on Transfer Saved File

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Donlimck, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Hi everyone,

I previously have a Wii U 8GB with 5.5.1.
    Using Loadiine, i'm able to run an play BOTW. Been playing for 100 hours now maxing stamina and others great loots.
    Suddenly my Wii U has been auto updated to 5.5.2.
    Loadiine no longer works.

Thus i have purchase a used Wii U 32GB 5.5.1
    This time i have set the DNS blocks.
    How can i transfer mt BOTW saved data from my old Wii U to my new Wii U?

Any help is appreciated

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    The only way is to use homebrew to backup the save, then restore it on your other system. The saves and games are tied to the other system and can't be used by another system. But you have no access to Homebrew on the updated system.

You could however try a system transfer: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...o-transfer-content-between-two-wii-u-consoles

3. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that Savemii or FTP everywhere can used to backup my saved file on my old Wii U.
    However since there's no homebrew access for 5.5.2, i looking for other options

Pardon my noob question.
    I am thinking of using the system transfer just because i can get my saved file.
    But like to find out more details before performing it.
    I also like to add on that i have haxchi install on my new Wii U
    My old Wii U has also been soft modded on vWii
    Questions
    1) If i perform the system transfer from old (5.5.2) to new (5.5.1) Wii U, will it also update my firmware to 5.5.2 too?
    2) Its likely that my haxchi will be wiped out too?
    3) Whats the impact on vWii data?

4. MattKimura

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    1. The system transfer may be a bad idea, becuase on the 3DS you had to be on the latest update to perform it. It may be the same case for Wii U.

2. You'd be better off buyng haxchi after the system transfer, else yes it would be wiped

3. vWii should remain untouched. There's even a system transfer app in vWii.

You can try the system transfer with wfi off. Or you can try to look up videos on youtube of how it works.

But looks like you're gonna have to accept the loss here.

5. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    I guess for the sake of my BOTW saved data and 100 hours of playtime, i will be willing to lost all other data, including vWii and also repurchasing haxchi.

I used to perform system transfer on my New 3DS using 3ds.guide. using DSIware.
    But it seems Wii U has a different setup altogether with a much tighter control.

Guess i can only wait for a 5.5.2 homebrew in order to savemii my BOTW saved data
    Until then...

6. MattKimura

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Download Crunchy Roll from Eshop on the 5.5.2 wii u in case the Crunchy Roll exploit becomes a thing. It's currently being looked into right now as a possible exploit. But not guaranteed. And be sure to apply DNS to that Wii U as well.

7. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Yup. Learned my lesson. Already enabled DNS block and have downloaded Crunchy Roll app from eshop.
    Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the update and info.:)

8. PikaArc

PikaArc GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Germany
    wait do you use loadiine for playing or do you installed it on the wii u / hdd?

9. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    If you were using Loadiine GX2 to load your games from SD, then your saves should be on SD:/wii/saves/. If you used Loadiine.ovh to boot WUP Installer GX2 and installed BOTW on your NAND or WiiU USB, then you're screwed for now. There's 2 different Loadiines.

10. EyeKey

EyeKey GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    Israel
    Do you have OTP/SEEPROM? Have you ever used redNAND?

11. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Hi Lennart,

I'm using loadinne to load homebrew to run WUP installer.
    Games are installed onto external HDD. Games are still playable now on my old wii u (5.5.2) without the need to run mocha
    Just need to figure out a way to transfer my BOTW save file to new Wii U (5.5.1)

12. Donlimck
    OP

Donlimck Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. I guess i'm screwed for now.....
    Using WUP with external HDD.........

Hi Eyekey,

I'm pretty sure i have not perform any nand dumping, so no OTP.
    Nope, havent use redNand before

13. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    No it isn't the case, it never was the case.
    You shouldn't do a system transfer with CBHC installed anyways.
    Use SysConfigTool, and dump saves using it but for the love of god, don't change anything boot related there.
    Then use Saviine to inject it into your another Wii U. (or your current one)

Oh right... you're on 5.5.2 and you were using redNAND... that's what you get for following wiiu.guide